Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG TWENTY-SIX

Ford turned to face Trella. "You’re sure of this?"

"I’m positive. You know I’m going to have to take her into custody?"

Ford drew her side arm. "No. No I don’t think so Trella. No one comes near her until I check this for myself and try to figure out what is going on."

"Don’t be unreasonable Ford."

The tall woman leveled off the sidearm under her cloak so it was pointing directly at the Chancellor. "I said no!" She growled. "You won’t breathe a word of this to anyone Trella. So help me if you do, it will be the last thing you say."

"You dare threaten me?"

"I dare. So help me Trella, I’ll kill you with my bare hands if you try to hurt Marra."

"Ford this is treason."

"And it is no worse than anything else you’ve done to keep your position as Chancellor, Trella. I know where you’ve buried a lot of the bodies. I don’t intend to let my wife be one of them."

"Ford she is the enemy."

"She is a victim. You said yourself she was kidnapped." Ford motioned with her sidearm. "Inside now. I want to see this file."

Trella glanced down at the gun. "Could you put that thing away Ford? You know you should never pull it unless you’re prepared to use it."

Ford’s thumb dropped to the charge switch and Trella heard it hum. "I am prepared to use it Trella. Don’t tell me how to be a soldier." She motioned with the sidearm. "Move."

***

Ford sent a palace guard to fetch Marra and bring her to Trella’s office. She tossed away her cape and unbuttoned the top button of her uniform. She continued to hold the gun on Trella.

"Show me!"

Trella settled into her chair and pulled up the security file on the young blonde woman. She glanced back nervously at Ford who stood behind her with the sidearm pointed in the back of the Chancellor’s chair.

"Ford this isn’t necessary. I won’t do anything to harm the woman, I promise. If you believe this strongly that she is innocent I’ll try to help you prove it. I just didn’t want you to be in a position where you’ve divulged sensitive information to the enemy."

"It’s a little late for that don’t you think? Marra and I’ve shared many things already. She was responsible for helping me take over Dror’s ship."

"Doesn’t that strike you as a little odd and easy to do."

"You’re not the one who had to be whipped first. Marra got me out of there. Dror was going to kill me."

"If you say so."

"I do." The tall woman scrolled over the file.

The door opened and Marra stepped in. "Ford?"

She looked up from the com link. "Marra we have a problem and we need to talk."

"What? What’s wrong?"

"Does the name Leandra mean anything to you?"

Marra gave it consideration, then shook her head. "No. Should it?"

"Apparently so." Ford tried not to be upset with Marra, but she couldn’t help let a disturbed tone edge her voice."

"Ford what’s wrong?" The blonde stepped forward. It was all the tall woman could do to keep from leveling her sidearm on her. All her training as a soldier told her to do it. It was only her love for the woman that kept her from it.

"Stay there Mara. Just stay there. I’m trying to sort out some very disturbing information here."

"Let me help."

"You can’t."

Trella watched the blonde during the exchange. She looked back at Ford, then gently laid a hand over the long, slender fingers that were working the con panel. "Ford the information may be correct, but my first conclusions were wrong. We need to get Lady Marra to a doctor."

"A doctor?" Marra took a step back. She was obviously confused and quickly becoming more uncomfortable. "Ford what’s going on?"

Ford holstered her sidearm, then stepped out from behind the desk. "Marra, sweetheart. We have a problem. A big problem."

***

Marra gripped Ford’s hand as the doctor scanned her. "I swear to you Ford I didn’t know." The sound of the panic in the young woman’s voice nearly broke Ford’s heart.

"I believe you Marra."

"Will you divorce me now? Am I a prisoner?"

"No. You are my wife. I don’t care who they say your father is or what your house you belong to." Ford leaned over and kissed her temple. "I love you Marra. Capri brought us together for a reason. I won’t let anyone tear us apart."

"Excuse me Lord Kurrathian. Your biorhythms are interfering in the scan." The doctor was gentle when he laid a hand on Ford’s shoulder. "I’m almost done."

"Of course." Ford sat up, but continued to hold Marra’s hand. "Just relax sweetheart. Everything will be fine."

Marra nodded, worried green eyes moved to the doctor. "What’s wrong with me? Why don’t I remember any of this?"

"I’m not sure." The doctor sighed. "I wish I were. You appear to be perfectly healthy and you show no signs of a memory sweep. Because you show no sign of a sweep, there must be another reason for your memory loss. Either that, or you are a truly convincing liar."

Ford was on her feet, grabbing the doctor by the throat, cutting off his air as she pushed him against the wall. "My wife is not a liar!" She growled, slowly crushing his throat in her hand. "Something has been done to her, but she is not a liar!"

Marra rose from the table immediately, moving to Ford, laying a hand on her arm. "Ford." She rubbed her arm soothingly. "Let him go. I’m sure he didn’t mean it. Please, please don’t hurt him."

The tall woman sneered and shuddered. Then she opened her hand, letting the man drop to the floor. "If you say anything in public about this I will come back and finish the job. Do you understand?"

"Yes, yes Lord Kurrathian, of course. I am sorry." The doctor groaned, coughing a bit, getting to his feet. He looked to the little woman standing next to the fuming Ford. "Thank you Lady Kurrathian."

Marra nodded. She took Ford’s hand, leading her away from the doctor. "Ford. I don’t know what’s going on, but I want you to know I love you. That will never change, no matter what the outcome. Even if we are separated."

Ford grabbed her in her arms, holding her tight. "That won’t happen. I promise you that Marra. If I have to give up everything and we have to go on the run from both governments. We will not be separated."

***

Ford read and reread the file. Marra paced about the office waiting to be told the results of her spouse’s investigation. Their homecoming was supposed to be a wonderful experience for Ford. It was not supposed to be plagued by more problems.

"Darling," The blonde leaned on the desk. "Do we have a prayer room here in the house? I’d like to go meditate. Maybe Capri will offer some guidance."

"Of course." Ford buzzed for a servant.

It didn’t take long for someone to enter. The woman stopped before Ford’s desk, she smiled, but kept her eyes lowered respectfully. "Lord Kurrathian. Welcome home. It’s nice to have you back in the house. It seems far too empty without you."

Ford glanced up, then dropped her head back to the com panel. "Thank you. It is nice to be home Judith. Can you please show Lady Kurrathian to the meditation room?"

"Of course." She turned to the new lady of the house. "Lady Kurrathian, I am Judith. I am the head of the house staff. If you will come with me I will be happy to show where you need to go."

Marra crossed to Ford. She laid a tentative hand on her shoulder. Ford took the hand, giving it a soft kiss. "It’s okay darling, go ahead. I’ll be all right." She looked up to be given a soft kiss on her forehead, then her cheek and finally her lips.

"I love you Ford. I can’t seem to tell you that enough right now."

"I love you too Marra and I don’t care how many times you tell me that. I never tire of hearing it."

"All I ask is that you never doubt it."

"Never for a moment."

***

Marra knelt, lighting the candles and making the appropriate offerings. She bowed her head, falling almost immediately into a deep meditation.

The light came to her, she opened her eyes. "Capri?"

"Marra?"

"We need your help. What is this? This story that they have told Ford."

"It’s not a story Marra. It is the truth. You are Leandra, eldest daughter of Lord Hadrain of the Second House. Your family is Ford’s enemy."

"Why? Why then have Ford and I been brought together?"

"Too many of my people have died. I don’t care what house you belong to or what government you live under. They are all my people. So many have died. The killing needs to stop."

"You believe by uniting Ford and I, we can stop a war that has been raging for so many years?"

"There is great power in the number of two. And even greater power in the number of one. Which you and Ford are, you are one. Can you deny it? Your minds, hearts and souls are joined."

Marra nodded, knowing the words to be true.

"You and Ford face many great challenges. By being united and remaining that way you will succeed in ways that you can never imagine."

"Why don’t I remember? Why don’t I remember being Leandra?"

"I took those memories from you. I made you a nameless, faceless slave so that Ford would be willing to open her heart and her mind to you. I will return them if you wish, but I will warn you. They are not pleasant."

"I would like to know."

"So be it."

The light faded. The visions began.

***

Marra wiped her cheeks on her sleeve as she made her way back to Ford’s office. As she moved through the halls of their home, she looked at it’s grandeur and it’s beauty. She realized that only people who loved Ford would bother to keep the house intact and so well cared for during a time of war when so many other houses where falling plague to thieves and marauders.

She met Judith once again as the woman carried a food laden tray back to Ford’s office. "Lady Kurrathian, I hope meditation went well."

"It did." She gestured to the tray. "Is that for Ford?"

"For the both of you. She said you would be returning soon."

"I’ll take it, if it’s all right. Ford and I need some time alone."

"Of course Lady Kurrathian, whatever you wish." She transferred the try to the blonde’s hands. She took notice of her mistresses tear stained face. "Are you all right My Lady? Is there anything I can do."

"Thank you for asking Judith. I’m fine really. There’s nothing you can do. Unfortunately this is for Ford and I to sort out."

"As you wish." Judith’s last act was to open the doors to Ford’s office and then close it quietly behind her.

"Ford?" Marra placed the tray on a low table near a fireplace. Taking a seat on a soft couch she patted it, calling the tall woman to her. "I may have some answers. Come over here and join me."

Ford did as Marra requested. She dropped down to the couch next to her spouse. Marra was quick to prepare a plate for Ford. She could tell she was tired and frustrated. "I think I have the answer Ford."

"Then clue me in." Ford gave a halfhearted smile, taking the plate.

"Capri brought us together in an effort to stop the war."

"Stop the war? Isn’t this more likely to escalate it? If what the file says is true, then your father is most certainly put a price on my head to get you back."

"The file is true Ford, but the only way I will go back to my father’s house is dead. Capri wiped my memories so that you would more readily accept me into your life. Those memories have been returned to me. My father is not a kind man. I won’t go back there without a fight."

Ford snorted a bit. "So, what? You and I are peacemakers for the entire galaxy?"

"So it would seem." Marra poured a cup of coffee for Ford.

"What do I call you? I don’t know now."

"My name is Marra Kurrathian." She turned, handing Ford the cup. "I am the First Wife of the Second House. I love you and nothing is going to change that."

***

"Marra?"

"Yes Ford." The blonde joined her spouse in their bedroom where they were preparing to go see the Chancellor and the council.

"I want you to carry this." Ford held up a small side arm. "Can you use it?"

"I think I can handle it." The blonde grinned.

"Good." Ford stuffed it in a holster, then handed the belt to Marra. "If you feel threatened by anyone, use it."

Marra snapped the holster into place over her jumpsuit, letting it settle on her hip. "How do I look?"

Ford sighed. "As always my love, you’re beautiful. I had hoped never to see you with another weapon. I’m sorry it has ended up like this. I wanted our homecoming to be so much different."

Marra moved to Ford, caressing her cheek. "I’m sorry too, but the fact that we are still together is all that matters. Times of war are unpredictable. We both know and accept that."

"This is true. I just want you to promise me one thing."

"What?"

"If something should happen to me. I want you to find Sarron Richards and get away as fast as you can."

Marra shook her head. "No, I won’t make that promise."

"Marra…"

"No Ford. No I won’t promise that. We are in this. Together. Forever. Where you go I go."

TBC…


Return to The Claiming of Ford