Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG SEVEN

Ford rubbed her eyes, trying to stay awake as she sat by the slave’s bed. The little woman slept now, the Garron was grateful for that. She took Marra’s hand, giving it a soft kiss. "I’m so sorry this happened to you. I promise you, Danella will pay for this for a long time to come."

Dr. Carlisle watched from her office as the Garron fought sleep. She finally stood and smoothed her uniform as she walked out to the exam room. "Garron?"

"Yes?"

"Let me put you in a private room, so that you might rest."

"No. I won’t leave her."

"Both of you. I can move both of you to a private room."

"That would be very kind of you."

"Garron if you don’t mind my asking, why? I mean she’s simply a slave."

"She not." The tall woman answered quietly as she combed back blonde locks. "She’s more than that."

"If you say so, I of course, will not argue with you Garron." The doctor moved a transport bed next to Marra.

"I’ll carry her." Ford stated simply as she placed her arms under the little woman.

"As you wish Garron."

Ford lifted Marra gently into her arms. The blonde whimpered and clutched Ford’s shirt, moaning softly, but never waking from the sedatives. "I have you Marra. You’re safe. Capri, help her through the pain. I’ll make any sacrifice you ask of me."

The doctor led the Garron to a private room where there was a large bed. Ford looked around the ornate room as she placed Marra in the bed, covering her with soft blankets. "What is this place?"

"Your private room should you ever need medical care."

"I didn’t know it existed."

"You’ve never used it. Whenever you’ve required medical attention you’ve always refused to stay. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of room in the bed for the both of you. As a doctor I must insist that you get some rest Garron Ford."

Ford smiled and nodded as she wiped tears from her very tired eyes. "Thank you doctor I’ll do that now."

"There are fresh sleeping clothes in the closet. They are tailored for you."

Doctor Carlisle checked her patient, then quietly left the room. Ford took the time to shower before changing into sleeping clothes. She carefully slipped into bed with Marra, keeping a considerable distance between them, as not to disturb the injured woman. She lay on her side watching Marra sleep until her own exhaustion took over and her eyes slipped shut.

A few hours later, the doctor returned to the room to check her patient. She shook her head as she adjusted the medical scanner to block out the Garron’s bio scan. The little woman was curled up tightly, tucked protectively in the arms of the Garron as they slept facing each other. She sighed a bit as she adjusted the scanner. She could filter out everything but the Garron’s heartbeat. She realized as she looked at the device that their hearts were beating in perfect harmony with each other.

"Amazing." She mumbled, making another adjustment. As she performed the scan again she felt eyes upon her. Looking down, soft blue eyes met hers.

"How is she?" Ford whispered, having no desire to move herself or disturb Marra.

"Much better. Her life signs are much stronger."

"When can I take her home?"

"If she continues to improve overnight, first thing in the morning."

"Good. I want her home. How long will it take her to heal?" The question was asked as a soft kiss was placed in the top of Marra’s head.

"She’s going to be sore for several days. She should be fine in a couple of weeks. Now get some more rest. I won’t disturb you again until morning."

Ford closed her eyes once again. Marra snuggled closer to the tall woman, murmuring just slightly as warm blankets were pulled over her shoulders.

 

Marra tried tentatively opening her eyes. The bruised eye opened, but her vision was blurry. Stretching also caused some discomfort and a protest from Ford, who still held her. Marra took a mental inventory of her injuries, she realized that the beating was one of the worst she had ever received. She tried to remember the whole attack. She knew that Ford would want all the details. While she was more than upset and embarrassed she knew her Master deserved answers to the questions she would ask.

Ford groaned, rolling onto her back. She slowly opened her eyes, turning her head slowly to look at Marra. "Morning."

"Morning." The slave offered softly. Her jaw and mouth still ached, she hoped it would pass quickly so that she might be back up to serving Ford quickly.

"Easy. Don’t push yourself." The Garron moved up, placing a pillow behind her back so she could rest against the back of the bed.

"Home?"

"Later. I promise you. Just as soon as the doctor says it’s okay." Ford placed a gentle hand on the side of Marra’s face that wasn’t bruised. "I’ll be there to take good care of you."

Marra smiled, laughing a little. "I serve…."

"You get well." Ford gave a phony growl as she leaned in nose to nose with the little blonde. She smiled, then kissed the nose before her. "You got it?"

Marra nodded.

"Good girl."

 

Two hours later, Ford offered Marra the choice of resting in bed or curled up on the couch, she chose the couch. Settled there, she found herself tucked under a warm blanket with thick pillows supporting her back. Warm tea and hot cereal was prepared by Ford’s own hand in the cooking area. It was then served on a tray with a fresh flower the Garron told her was a rose. She smiled up at the tall woman as she contemplated the tray.

"Eat." Came the playful command, from the tall woman. "Or would you like me to feed you?"

"No." Marra motioned Ford back. "I can do it."

"Every bite."

"Yes Ford."

"I have a meeting, which I’ll be having in my office here, but if you need anything you just call, okay?"

"Yes Ford."

 

Ford settled behind her desk with her feet propped up on the corner when the chimes sounded. She opened the drawer and removed a small knife, which she began using to clean under her nails.

"Come."

Sarron Roran entered the office. He came to attention immediately. "You requested to see me Garron Ford?"

"I did." She looked up from her nails as she considered the man before her. "You know why I called you here?"

"Yes Garron."

"Sleeping with my wife. Silly move young man." She returned to cleaning her nails with the knife.

"I…I…can offer no excuse Garron Ford."

"Good, because I’m not interested in one. All I want to know is are you the one who tried to rape Marra or was that Danella?"

"She wanted me to do it, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t bring myself to do it. The girl was fighting and I just…." His head dropped as the memory came back to him.

"Do you know what kind of punishment I could inflict upon you?"

"Yes Garron. Anything you choose."

"Yes. I’ve put Danella where she belongs. Of course this isn’t the first time something like this has happened to me. Were you after my command?"

"No Garron. I really felt affection for Danella. I had hoped she would marry me, but she kept telling me no."

Ford reached over to the com panel on her desk. "Ford to security."

"Yes Garron."

"Give me a vid link to my wife’s cell."

"Yes Garron."

"Screen down." A vid screen dropped down behind the Sarron. "Turn around and face it." Ford ordered. The young man did as he was commanded. The screen came to life, showing him the woman who had been imprisoned. She stood immediately facing the screen.

"Ford! Thank Capri!" Danella spoke as she moved closer to the screen.

"Don’t get excited Danella. You’re not going anywhere. I just want to know something. Do you have feelings for this man?"

"Ford I never meant to hurt you…."

"I don’t recall saying I was hurt. I asked you if you have feelings for this man? Answer me."

"I am very fond of him."

The Garron stood, tossing the knife in the air and catching it as she crossed to stand next to him. "Really? So if I were to hurt him…."

"Ford please don’t!"

"Oh so you’re willing to beg for him? Tell me Danella, did Marra beg? Did she beg you not to hurt her? Did she beg you not to let this man rape her?"

"She wasn’t…." The redhead protested only to have Ford raise her hand.

"No she wasn’t, but Roran says she wasn’t because he couldn’t. He says you wanted him too. Is that true?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I wanted to hurt her."

"Why?"

"You willingly share your life with a slave, but not your own wife."

"The slave treats me better."

"It is her duty."

"No. It is her nature." Ford placed the knife to Roran’s throat. "And unfortunately for you, this is mine." With the final statement, Ford made a quick and clean cut across Roran’s throat. She let his body drop to the floor, making sure to step around the blood pooling at her boots. "Too bad I won’t be giving you the same peace Danella. Screen off."

Ford cleaned her knife then replaced it in her desk. She settled on the corner and used the com link. " Major Carron Gallet. Report to the office in my quarters."

"Yes Garron Ford."

The tall woman settled down behind her desk, taking out her prayer book she said a quiet prayer for the soul released at her own hand, then inscribed his name in the back of the book with all the others. She took the time to flip through the pages and look at all the names. Then she remembered to place the marks for the people she had killed in battle yesterday. The overall count was in the thousands now. As she flipped through the book she was amazed that she knew so many names of the people she had killed.

When the chimes rang again she offered one final prayer and put the book away. "Come."

Another young man entered the office. His eyes widened at the body on the floor. He was quick to catch himself and come to attention. "Garron Ford?"

"Congratulations Gallet. You’ve just been promoted to Sarron. You’re now second in command. I’ll be taking the next two weeks off until we reach our destination. I am not to be disturbed unless it is an emergency." She stood, giving a glance down at the body. "Clean that up."

Ford left the office, returning to Marra, who was dozing on the couch. She had set her tray aside and found her book. Now it rested on her chest as she slept. Ford removed it gently, placing it on the table.

"Ford?" Marra tried to sit up only to find a large hand on her shoulder.

"Rest."

"Neyta. I need to check her."

"I’m sure she is fine."

Marra shook her head. "No. There is something wrong. We need to go to the stables. Please?"

"All right. All right. If it’ll make you feel better. Let me call for my personal transport."

Marra tried to smile as she sat up, but her busted mouth made it hurt. She brought her hand to her lips as she raised a brow at Ford. "If you have a transport, why have we been walking everywhere?"

Ford tossed her head back, laughing hard as she made the request for the transport. She was laughing so hard, the officer at the other end had to ask her to repeat her request.

"My transport you idiot. My personal transport. Send it and a driver to my quarters." She continued to laugh, tapping off the link to the com panel. She returned to Marra, offering her a hand. "Now you need to get dressed.

Marra nodded, not sure how quickly she’d be able to accomplish the feat today. Slowly she rose from the couch. When she faltered a bit she wasn’t surprised to feel strong hands balance her. She had discovered very quickly that Ford had the fastest reflexes she had ever seen. "Thank you."

"Do you need help dressing?"

"No." The blonde had no desire for Ford to see the marks all over her body. She allowed the shame to overwhelm her once again, dropping her head.

"Marra," The tall woman placed her hand gently under the small woman’s face, lifting it to meet her own. "You didn’t do anything wrong. It wasn’t your fault."

"I must have done something. I just wish I knew what it was. I don’t want to make the same mistake again."

"No, no," Ford reassured her, pulling the little woman into her arms gently. "Danella is unbalanced. She only wanted to hurt you because she was jealous."

"Jealous? Why would she be jealous of me?"

"Because I love you." Ford sighed as she placed a kiss to the top of Marra’s head. "Now go get dressed."

Marra pulled away slowly, watching as Ford cleared the dishes. The Garron had just said she loved her. What did she mean by that? She wanted to ask the question, but she knew better. She turned, moving to her cabinet to withdraw clothing.

 

Neyta raised her head the moment she felt Marra enter the stables. She was still too weak to move her body. Phoenix stirred the moment he felt his mate move. He reared up growling, and flapping his wings as he swished his tail forcefully.

Marra was off the back of Ford’s transport, before it even stopped. She moved as quickly as possible to the stall. Phoenix reared at her growling and baring his teeth.

Ford jumped from the transport and was at Marra’s side. "Easy boy!" She spoke to the silver-white beast, raising her hands to try and calm him. She slowly opened the stall door, entering very carefully as she spoke in low hushed tones. "Easy fella. We’re here to help."

Ford managed to back Phoenix down and calm him. She motioned Marra into the stall. The slave entered, kneeling immediately next to the black beast. Neyta lifted her head, placing it in Marra’s lap.

* Help Marra. Drugs. *

"They drugged her Ford."

"What?"

"They used drugs on her." Marra stroked the beast’s head. "Oh no!"

"What? Marra what’s wrong?" Ford inquired stroking Phoenix’s neck to keep him calm.

"She’s mated with Phoenix. She’s pregnant. The drugs are killing the hatchling. Ford we’ve got to do something or they’ll both die."

The Garron left the stall immediately. She stormed into the keeper’s office, dragging the man out of his chair. She pinned him against the wall lifting him from the floor. "Who? Who dared touch my serpentines?"

"I…I…don’t know Garron. I just came on duty." The man struggled only to be slammed again the wall again. "Find them. Find the person who did this. And bring me a medical kit." She dropped the man to the floor.

Before leaving the office she punched her hand through a glass cabinet full of medications. She tossed vials to the floor until she found what she needed. Taking a needle, she loaded the meds into it, then returned to Marra and Neyta.

Phoenix growled a little as Ford injected the small beast. She looked up to her own serpentine. "She’s okay boy. We’re gonna make her all right. She and your baby will be just fine."

TBC….


Return to The Bard's Corner