Due to Air on HBO: 16 April 2018 (USA).
Official Site: https://www.iamevidencethemovie.com/
I AM EVIDENCE exposes the alarming number of untested rape kits in the United States through a character–driven narrative, bringing much needed attention to the disturbing pattern of how the criminal justice system has historically treated sexual assault survivors.
Why is there a rape kit backlog? What can we do to fix the problem? This film explores these questions through survivors’ experiences as they trace the fates of their kits and re-engage in the criminal justice process. I AM EVIDENCE illuminates how the system has impeded justice while also highlighting those who are leading the charge to work through the backlog and pursue long-awaited justice in these cases.
In this film, we seek to send a clear message to survivors that they matter, that we as a nation will do everything possible to bring them a path to healing and justice, and that their perpetrators will be held accountable for their crimes.
- Mariska Hargitay film “I Am Evidence” about Cleveland rape kits scheduled for HBO (trailer)
- Mariska Hargitay Exposes the Shocking Number of Untested Rape Kits in Powerful HBO Documentary
- ‘I Am Evidence‘ Documentary Examines the Rape-Kit Crisis
- Cleveland rape kit case, chronicled in HBO film, highlights challenges of prosecuting old cases
- ‘I AM EVIDENCE‘ magnifies national problem of untested rape kits
- I Am Evidence Screening at Oxford Film Fest