IS SET FOR RELEASE ON DVD JUNE 9, 2015
FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Four-Disc Set Includes All 18 Episodes
from the Show's Fifth Season
Plus Never-Before-Seen Bonus Material
BURBANK, CA (February 25, 2015) - Get set for another exciting season of the chartbusting, suspenseful hit cable series Rizzoli & Isles, with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's (WBHE) release of Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Fifth Season, available June 9, 2015. Angie Harmon (Law & Order) and Sasha Alexander (NCIS) return to solve Boston's most complex murder cases in the fifth season DVD release of TNT's top-rated series. This must-own release will feature all 18 season five episodes, plus never-before-seen extras. Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Fifth Season will be released in time for the series' sixth season premiere on TNT. This title will retail for $39.98 SRP.
Based on the best-selling crime thriller books by Tess Gerritsen and executive produced by Jan Nash (Without a Trace), Rizzoli & Isles focuses on tough-as-nails Boston police detective Jane Rizzoli (Harmon), who has an uncompromisingly brash and beautiful bull-in-a-china-shop approach to both cases and life, and the brilliant medical examiner from a privileged background, Dr. Maura Isles (Alexander), who may be the best-dressed science nerd in New England. Together they are close friends and complete opposites who solve some of Boston's most notorious crimes.
In Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Fifth Season, Jane and Maura continue to work together to solve the city's most puzzling cases, including investigating the murder of a mother who is killed while jogging in a park and, when a seller of rare books is killed, Jane and Maura are drawn into the world of Keltic writings as they investigate his murder. The team's detective skills are also put to the test when they discover the mummified remains of a woman, and Jane and Maura investigate the death of a man who died suspiciously in a bathtub filled with ice during a heat wave. Season five is loaded with several more exciting new cases and action-packed adventures no Rizzoli & Isles fan will want to miss.
In its fifth season, Rizzoli & Isles remains a top ratings performer, delivering over 8 million Total Viewers per episode and ranking as the #1 scripted drama on Basic Cable season to-date among Total Viewers and as the #1 series on TNT. (Source: Nielsen Galaxy Explorer, Live-7US AA%: excluding repeats, specials & <5 TCs; Season to Date = 05/26/14-10/26/14.)
"Rizzoli & Isles offers the perfect blend of thrilling police procedural and moving family drama. At the heart of it all is Jane and Maura's extraordinary friendship, which drives the show and is one of the reasons this series stands out from many other crime shows on TV today," said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, TV Brand Management and Retail Marketing. She added, "We are delighted to release another captivating new season of this outstanding series on DVD."
In addition to Harmon and Alexander, the series stars Jordan Bridges (Rushlights, Mona Lisa Smile) as Frankie Rizzoli Jr., Jane's younger brother who is now following in her footsteps as a detective; with Bruce McGill (Lincoln, Law Abiding Citizen) as the seasoned and lovable Detective Vince Korsak, Rizzoli's former partner who was initially hurt to find Jane partnered with Frost; and Lorraine Bracco (The Sopranos) as Jane's nosy but warm-hearted mother, Angela Rizzoli, who moved into Maura's guesthouse after her recent divorce and works at the coffee shop inside the Boston Police Department.
Rizzoli & Isles is produced for TNT by Ostar Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television. Developed by Janet Tamaro (Sleeper Cell), the series is executive produced by Bill Haber (TNT's Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King), Michael Katleman (Memphis Beat, Life on Mars) and showrunner Jan Nash (Without a Trace, Unforgettable).
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
Stepping Through the Stunt: The Burden of Proof Bridge Sequence featurette
18 (1-HOUR) EPISODES:
A New Day
Too Good to Be True
The Best Laid Plans
Lost & Found
It Takes a Village
If You Can't Stand the Heat
Burden of Proof
Bridge to Tomorrow
In Plain View
Bite Out of Crime
The doctor is in. But can she take her own medicine?
Sasha Alexander, who plays Dr. Maura Isles on the hit series "Rizzoli & Isles," says that when it comes to health she’s like any other working mother.
"I'm the queen picker and a foodie - not a great combination," says the 41-year-old beauty and Los Angeles native.
What happens when her 8-year-old daughter, Lucia, leaves a little extra mac & cheese on the plate? Or when 4-year-old son, Leonardo, doesn't want his crusts?
Pick, pick, pick, pick...
"I'll pick off their plates, which is my huge weakness and a great way to add several hundred calories to your day. I’m loosey-goosey about it like any other mom," Alexander says. "If you count up how much I pick, it's a lot."
"I grew up in one of those homes where you were taught not to waste food. In fact, I think I have an allergy to wasting food," she says with a laugh. "I think the key for any mom is to watch what you're doing with your hands and don’t allow your mouth to have a mind of its own."
What can moms do to be healthier?
"I'll look at those bread crusts now and try to ask myself, 'Why am I even holding these things?'" she says. "It's all about discipline."
She also has her appearance in high-def to worry about, with the new season of her show debuting Feb. 17 on TNT.
"It's all about personal growth for the women," says Alexander, who stars with Angie Harmon in the detective series. "The ladies are moving forward while still having the medical bumping up against the criminal investigation."
Staying fit to mix motherhood with TV detective work isn’t easy. "I've done a lot of things over the past year knowing that I wanted to step up my fitness a bit," she says. "The biggest help for me was doing the Tracy Anderson Method. It's really good because her DVDs combine dance with a lot of muscular and structural work - and you sweat a lot!"
Her other stay-healthy and lean tips:
• Add yoga to your program: "I feel that we live such a busy life and we're not able to breathe," says Alexander. "Yoga helps with everything. If we keep our minds in balance, we keep our lives in balance."
• Sneak in an extra workout: "I do Tracy Anderson, but I still love to dance. Go out dancing. It's great cardio and gives you so much energy."
• Consider eating for your blood type: "My blood type indicates I should eat mostly protein and veggies. I lose energy when I eat a lot of carbs. I love carbs, but I just don't feel good after eating them."
• Don't deny yourself: "I love food," Alexander says. "I eat clean all week long, but I do give myself a free day on the weekends to have a meal that's fun, and I eat it with my kids. I don'’t just do pizza. I love cooking, and this is when I try out new things. I'll eat a couple of bites of dessert."
• When you don't want to work out, remember why you work out: "I want to feel good to play with my kids. I don't want to feel tired. When I remind myself that is the goal, then it becomes more important."
• Experience life: Alexander experienced Chicago filming an upcoming arc on "Shameless." "We shot last winter doing scenes where it was supposed to be summer. There I was with snot running down my nose trying to do a romantic scene." Was it a love scene? "Probably," she laughs. "It's called 'Shameless.'"
Who Do You Think You Are? returns this spring to give eight new celebrities a unique opportunity to dig into their roots and learn more about their family history. The two-time Emmy nominated series is Executive Produced by Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky. New episodes begin Sunday, March 8 at 10/9c.
Today TLC announces the additional featured contributors for the upcoming episodes:
· Melissa Etheridge, who heads to Quebec to trace the history of her paternal side, learns about the scandalous marriage of her 6x great-grandparents.
· America Ferrera, who brings the series to Honduras for the first time ever, learns about the father she barely knew, and unravels her great-grandfather’s role in the violent Central American political system.
· Tony Goldwyn, who is familiar with his prestigious paternal Hollywood lineage, but knows little about his mother’s side of the family. In his episode, he comes to learn about his 3x great-grandparents, who fought for women’s rights and westward expansion.
· Josh Groban, who discovers his 8x great-grandfather was a highly educated and renowned scientist that studied astronomy, and was quoted by Isaac Newton himself.
Previously announced celebrity contributors include Julie Chen, Angie Harmon, Bill Paxton and Sean Hayes. The episodic air order is currently scheduled as:
March 8 Julie Chen
March 15 Josh Groban
March 22 Angie Harmon
March 29 Sean Hayes
April 5 Tony Goldwyn
April 12 America Ferrera
April 19 Bill Paxton
April 26 Melissa Etheridge
Ancestry, the world’s largest online family history resource, is teaming up again with TLC as a sponsor of the upcoming season. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry provides exhaustive family history research on each of the featured celebrities, which is used to build out the story of each episode.
The series is produced for TLC by Shed Media and Is or Isn’t Entertainment, and is based on an original format created by Wall to Wall Media and Alex Graham. More information can be found at TLC.com/WDYTYA. ‘Like’ Who Do You Think You Are? on Facebook.com/WDYTYA and follow @WDYTYA on Twitter.
Takehollywood co-founder Edoardo Ponti will moderate a live panel featuring some of Takehollywood's A-list talent who will collectively offer insights from various perspectives within show business. Panelists will include Actress Sasha Alexander, Acting Coach Gary Spatz, Casting Director John Levey, plus more to-be-announced.
And that's not all - you'll be treated to a live performance by Takehollywood's Originals team!
Come join us for appetizers, career advice, entertainment and networking. See you there!