THE BRASS RING

PART SEVEN

By Mavis Applewater

December 2001

For Disclaimers see part one.

Thanks to my beta reader Joanne

As Always For Heather

 

CHAPTER EIGHT

Jamie's head was pounding as she tried to open her eyes. The effort alone caused a searing pain to stab at her already muddled brain. Finally she managed to prop open one eyelid. The sight that emerged before her was startling and very pleasant. She blinked open her other eye. Then she blinked once again. Seeing that it wasn't a mirage, she stared intently at what she was using as a pillow. ‘Yep, that's a breast. A really nice breast,’ she said to herself as she snuggled closer. She closed her eyes, enjoying the comfortable warmth eminating from the naked body beneath her.

She was just about to drift back to sleep when reality came crashing down around her. Her eyes flew open as she bolted up into a sitting position. "Oh God," she groaned as her head pounded violently. Feeling the chill of the morning air, she looked down to find herself completely naked. "Oh God," she repeated as she wrapped the sheet around her.

As she pulled the sheet around herself, she managed to reveal the naked body she’d been resting on. "Oh God," she said again, only this time her voice was filled with desire. CC groaned from beneath her. "Please stop saying that," the brunette pleaded as she placed a pillow over her head. "What the hell am I doing in bed with you?" Jamie shouted, which only increased the pounding from her hangover. She winced in pain, swaying for a moment, and feeling slightly nauseous. Something caught her eye. "When did this happen?" she inquired as her fingers began to trace a soothing pattern over the scars on CC's abdomen. CC reached out to clasp her hand while still hiding her face under the pillow.

Jamie pulled her fingers back as if she had been burned. "Never mind," she berated herself. "Let's get back to the first question. Why are we in bed together?"

CC threw the pillow off her face and stared up at Jamie who was straddling her. Jamie realized her position and bolted from the bed. Her emerald eyes widened at the sight of CC's magnificent body. Before she could surrender to the primal urges coursing through her, she tossed the sheet onto CC, successfully covering the temptation but not diminishing her desire.

"I can't believe you," Jamie snarled as her head spun.

"What?" CC gasped as she pushed up to her elbows.

Jamie looked around frantically for her clothing. "You got me drunk and took advantage of me," Jamie accused her, sensing that it wasn't the truth.

"I what?" CC stammered.

"Didn't you?" Jamie asked weakly as some the events of the past evening began to rear their ugly head.

"No," CC protested. "In fact I tried to slow things down."

"It doesn't matter," Jamie reasoned. "Where are my clothes? And where the hell am I?"

"I think you threw your clothes over there," CC informed her. "And you’re at my place."

Jamie stumbled to the far end of the bedroom to find hers and CC’s clothing strewn all over the place. As she bent over to retrieve her pants, she noticed several well-placed hickeys on her body. "What are you? Part vampire?" Jamie grumbled as she tugged on her pants.

"You started it," CC purred playfully. "Do you want to see mine?"

Jamie was furious at CC's taunting. "No," she growled in response. "I just want to get out of here," she fumed as she tugged on her shirt and jacket. She was far too flustered to search for her underwear.

"Stay?" CC implored her.

"Not a chance," Jamie flared, as she hopped up and down in an effort to put her shoes on.

"We need to talk," CC offered gently.

"No, we don't," Jamie argued before something occurred to her. "You said that last night," she mumbled.

"Yes, I did." CC sighed deeply. "Right before you tore my clothes off."

"It was a mistake," Jamie blurted out as she stumbled to the door. She threw it open and then slammed it behind her. The sound of a baby crying pierced through her head. She turned to see a brunette woman standing in the living room holding a screaming infant. "She has a wife and kids," she muttered.

"Who does?" The woman looked at her in confusion as she tried to comfort her child. "Rough night, James?" The woman smirked.

Jamie's jaw dropped in realization. "Stevie?" Jamie stammered. "Little Stevie?" she babbled. As she looked past the woman out the picture window, another realization struck her.

"Something wrong?" Stevie inquired.

"I live here," she stammered as she stared out at her parking lot. "I live next door." She felt sick.

"Jamie?" CC's voice beckoned from behind her.

Jamie turned to find CC clad in an old pair of sweatpants and a rumpled T-shirt. "I need to go," she muttered absently before she turned away and walked out the front door.

Continued - Part 8

send comments to yomavis@email.com  (I will no longer accept any emails without a proper subject heading)

for updates, previews & the wednesday afternoon series join my egroup

yomavis-subscribe@yahoogroups.com


Return to The Bard's Corner