Convergence

By Kandis Glasgow

 

Disclaimers: This is the part where I tell you that Xena, Gabrielle, Jan and Mel don't belong to me. WELL, DUH! I mean come on! If they were mine, would I be writing this? NO. I'd be sitting on a beach somewhere drinking Piña Coladas. Cute little beach girls would be bringing me sun screen and rubbing my.....uh...... well, bringing me sunscreen. Candace, Taylor, Terra and Skye belong to me. The concepts here in belong to me. Most of the extras belong to me as well. I am not making dinars, rubbles, drachma, or dollars for this. So don't ask me to borrow any money damn it!

Sex Disclaimer: There is...are..am? Portrayed herein are several loving relationships of a consensual nature between adult women. Wow! How legal like was that? Too many words? It happens with me. OK~! If you will catch hell from your wife, husband, or the law for reading this, DON'T! If your mother, father or legal guardian will ground you for reading this, DON'T! How easy was that?

Language: I am sure. Jan loves her swear words. It's just part of who she is.

Violence: This is the part where it all happens. Someone is bound to get injured, and it might be graphic. Swords, horses, Amazons. Terra doing what she does best. Death and destruction. Mayhem. Blood, guts and gore. You have been warned!

There is a portion of this writing that may be disturbing to some readers. I wanted to portray the depravity of Creighton as realistically as possible. I will again "star" that portion, but it's a very important part of the story. It is up to you. ***** If you see this, read with caution.

Thanks again! Write me with your comments. UgoXena@aol.com

©kg 4-24-00

 

Part 15

 

A tall dark form slipped silently through the underbrush. Stopping momentarily, taking in all the information her senses could discern. By the scent in the air and the sound of footfalls, she could tell her prey was not at a far distance. Long, firm legs carried her swiftly to his back. Without thought or remorse, she grasped his chin in one hand, his crown in the other. With one swift movement, his spinal cord was severed as his neck snapped. He was dead instantly.

Spying around, Terra assured herself that she hadn't been seen. She sunk low to the ground and waited several eternal minutes. She heard the sound she was looking for, an evil grin crossing her lips. The large man never knew what hit him. There was an unexpected blow to his sternum that doubled him over. A quick knee invaded his face. His nose met his brain, and just as quickly as he made the decision to follow Creighton, he had died.

Terra looked down at the body sullen faced. She tried to feel the regret Gabrielle had when she killed. It wouldn't come. She sighed heavily as a light breeze lifted her raven hair. Her darkened blue eyes squinted against the wind. She was not like the rest of them. She didn't ponder the thought any longer than a few seconds. Her lithe frame turned sharply as she headed back to her squad.

"I got the last one." Terra informed Taylor that she had taken out the last of the perimeter guards.

"Good job." Taylor knew the assignment was one Terra would excel at.

"Way to go, Ter. Come on. You're with me." Candace led the assassin to their appointed spot. From there she gestured to Taylor that 'all was go.’ As soon as the attack started, Taylor would pick up Terra and Candace and move into camp.

"Gogogo!" Taylor motioned the direction to the small squad under her command. "Keep down." She held up her hand to stop the Amazons behind her. "Now! You, Go!" Twelve women fanned to the left. "Hold up. Lissa, take your group out right. Jules has another group right in front. Go!"

"You got it." Lissa took her unit quickly right.

Taylor saw the plan taking shape. The army under Creighton had no idea the Amazons were in the area. They had become comfortable thinking that they could move about freely. That complacency would be their undoing.

Taylor gave the signal to Jules that the infantry was set. The Commander signaled the cavalry captain, and the attack was sounded by the Champion.

"Amazons! ATTACK!" Krista raised her sword.

The rush sounded as thunder across the walls of the canyon. Men standing around the fire pits heard the growing rumble. The direction of the sound was indiscernible to their ears as the echoes bounced around them. Precious moments of confusion reigned. When the camp finally comprehended the sound, the Amazons were upon them.

=/~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

The four travelers approached the cell cautiously. Xena drew her sword and crept silently forward.

"You can put the sword away. I can't hurt you, nor would I want to." The voice from the cell was deep as it resonated across the vast expanse of the cavern.

"How do we know that?" The warrior wasn't taking any chances.

"Exactly how stupid would I be to kill the people that came to get me out?" The voice was amused.

"How do you know we came to rescue you?" She hadn't been born yesterday.

"Why else would you be here?" Time seemed quite logical.

"He's got you there, Xe." Janice poked the warrior in the back.

"Honey, put the sword down. How much can he do from the cell?" Gabrielle entreated her spouse. She walked to the cell with a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm Gabrielle. The strong arm with the sword there is Xena. The short one that looks like me is Janice, and that is Melinda."

Time nodded at all of them one at a time.

"With supernatural powers you can't be too careful." Xena nodded knowingly to her wife.

"Xena deah, he doesn't have powahs like the Gods. Besides he doesn't have the Glass. On top of all of that, Time can't be evil. It wouldn't be prudent to have some half-off person in chahge of the timeline, now can we? Look what has happened so fah." The southern professor crossed her arms in front of her body, giving Xena the 'think about it' look.

"You're right. What am I thinking?" Xena sheathed her sword.

"Big red truck, Xe." Janice laughed.

The saying had Xena suddenly missing Candace and Taylor in a very big way. "Yeah. Big red truck. Sorry." She waved to the seated man in the cage.

"I'm not worried about it. I am worried about getting out of here, however." Time stood to his feet. He was immense in size. Easily six and a half feet tall with muscles out to here. His head was topped with white blonde hair. His eyes were of a clear blue that matched the Warrior Princess’. Chiseled features showed off an extremely handsome face. A kind smile crossed his lips when he stood face-to-face through the bars with Xena.

"If Ah were straight, Ah'd drool." The professor gazed in appreciation at the Adonis like man.

"I might consider it right now." Gabrielle agreed with her. "He could be the father of my children. They would be soooo blonde!"

"Are you guys done yet?" Janice would never understand girls. The guy was good looking, sure, but they were going on like school kids.

"Jan, you have to admit he's quite a specimen." Gabrielle turned to the doctor.

"Didn't say he wasn't. You just have to keep going off about it. Gettin' all squishy over him. Bleah!" She made the puke gesture.

"We ah not gettin' squishy. We are admiring a very handsome man. Just because we prefer women, doesn't mean we can't appreciate......." Melinda suddenly realized the true problem. "Waaait a New York minute. Janice Covington, you ah jealous! How sweet." She threw her arms around her lover's neck. Janice got a big wet kiss on the cheek, whether she wanted one or not.

"I am NOT jealous." The doctor was insistent.

Xena laughed at the whole situation. "Jan, you are."

"I'm not!" She crossed her short arms in a defensive posture. Melinda hugged her tighter.

"You are." Gabrielle couldn't keep her opinion to herself.

"Not."

"Excuse me." The deep voice of the captor rang across the cavern.

Four heads turned to face him.

"Two things really. Her being jealous is really not an issue. You all are so not my type." He flipped his hand in an interesting fashion that gave him away. "Second. Do you think you can stop fighting for long enough to get me out of here?"

"Where's the key?" Xena figured he knew where it was.

"Didn't you bring it?" He frowned. "Some rescue this is turning out to be."

"We're doing the best we can, smart ass." Janice wasn't in the mood for being pleasant.

"Were we supposed to bring the key?" Xena thought back to the instructions from the Goddess.

"Look where I am. Do you think that there is a key in here?" His hands flew out in presentation. His size did nothing at all to butch him up.

Xena gazed around. She doubted very highly that there was a key anywhere nearby.

"Well, looky here. This is interestin'." Melinda had been studying the cell closely.

Xena walked over to her. Looking over her shoulder, she tried to figure out what the apparatus was that hung out slightly from the bars.

"What's that?" The warrior had no idea what she was looking at.

"It's an LED display." Melinda raised her eyebrows. There was a red flashing light under the display. "It says 'apply sample'."

"Sample of what?" Xena looked straight into matching blue eyes.

"Good question." Melinda was the queen of understatement.

"Hey! We're forgetting something. Artemis said the key was a spiral staircase that carries the messages of life. Remember? Does any one have an idea what that means?" Gabrielle was pleased she recalled the words. Now if they could only make sense of them.

They all shook their heads.

"I don't see any stairs around here." Janice stared at the scrape on her knuckle. She figured she had done it on the boat when she jumped out. It was still stinging. She flicked at the dried blood. She froze in mid-act. *Spiral staircase. Messages of life. Code. DNA!* "THAT'S IT!"

Everyone jumped.

"Scare me! What are you screaming about?" Xena had her hand on the handle of her sword.

"Mel, don't you see? It's DNA. The damn thing wants a fucking blood sample!" Anytime the doctor became excited her ‘swear factor’ doubled.

"Great. What's DNA?" Xena was in the dark once again.

"Deoxyribonucleic acid. Xena " Jan gave Xena one of those superior looks As if the information was over her head. It was a challenge and Xena knew it.

The Warrior Princess thought for a minute. "Right. Building blocks of life. It's found chiefly in the nucleus of cells, is responsible for transmitting hereditary characteristics, and for the building of proteins. Jan." Xena gave her the look right back. She may not understand Santa Clause, but she was all over DNA.

"Well, why in the hell did you ask then?" Jan crossed her arms and gave Xena a cross look as well.

"I didn't know I knew until just now. Candace knows therefore I know. " She was still as smug as before.

"Whatever." Jan flicked her hand at the warrior who stuck her tongue out at her.

"This is all great and good guys, but whose blood do we use?" Time got right to the point.

"God's blood." Melinda's heart sunk.

"WHAT?" This was not sitting well with the warrior.

"If Ah recall my study correctly, a locked cell in Tartarus can only be opened by the blood of a God." She stood in silence waiting for a reaction.

"Well isn't that fucking wonderful? Anyone know a God they'd like to kill?" Janice flung her body in a tight circle. Her fists clenched in rage.

"What about the child of a God?" The voice was soft and almost unheard.

Four sets of eyes turned to stare at the small blonde woman. She stared back at them.

Xena's eyes caught those of her lover. Only Gabrielle could do this. She nodded at her wife.

"Do you know one, Gabrielle?" Melinda approached the regal regent. Clear blues eyes searched the unsure green of her friend.

She was unsure of how to answer, so she told the truth. "Yes." She looked to Xena for her strength.

All eyes turned to the Warrior Princess. There had been many rumors and tales that Xena was the daughter of Ares. With her skills and recuperative powers, it was an easy thing to believe. The warrior shook her head negating their ideas. Xena looked back to her spouse. Four sets of eyes turned back to the small blonde.

"I am." Gabrielle wanted to run and hide, but there really was nowhere to go.

"I'll be hot damned!" Janice whispered with a whole new perspective.

Melinda was silent for several moments while the news sunk in. The distressed look in her friend's eyes shook her out of her reverie. She moved closer to the small woman. "That is amazing, Gabrielle."

"It's not something I like to talk about." She dropped her head in embarrassment.

"Why not?" Melinda didn't understand prejudice very well.

"Do you really have to ask, Mel?" Gabrielle went to her lover's side and tucked herself under a protective arm. She didn't ever want any of this to come out.

"I'm part God." Janice was awe struck. "What the fuck do you think about that?"

"Jan you're about one and one millionth part God." Xena could only hope to not hear about this forever.

"Yeah, but it’s more than most." The doctor grinned widely. As if she needed anything else to boost her already soaring ego.

"Lord! Am Ah going to have to put up with this?" Melinda knew that Jan would be impossible for sure now.

"Ladies, I hate to interrupt again, but could we see to getting me out of this thing?" The platinum blonde man knew now why it was that women were low on his list of desirable company.

"Hang on a minute." Janice motioned for him to sit.

He shrugged his annoyance, but sat on the small cot in his cell. He was sure he would get out eventually. *When hell freezes over, maybe.* He smiled at his own mental joke.

Mel nodded her approval to Jan. She turned her attention back to her dear friend. "Gabrielle, ah you full God?"

"No. I know who my God parent is, and I think I know who my real mother might be." She looked at the golden floor.

"But, your mothah...."

"I'm adopted." She looked at Mel, tears sparkling in her eyes.

"No way!" Janice was getting so much information she was about to overload.

"Jan! Do you mind?" Xena was getting her last warrior nerve leaned on. Jan was in danger of a little wrath.

"Sorry." The doctor heard the ire in Xena's voice. She knew better than to push her in this case.

"Xena, is this botherin' you?" Melinda saw the look of protection crossing her dark features.

"I don't think she needs to relive this all the time."

"All the time? Who else knows that would make a issue of it?" Mel couldn't imagine anyone giving Gabrielle a hard time.

"Her family. Her father never let's her forget that she doesn't really belong to him. It gets ugly." The tall warrior rubbed Gabrielle's arm softly.

"Well, she definitely belongs to us. No question there." Janice smiled at her twin.

"I guess that's true." Gabrielle smiled for the first time since this conversation started.

"Can I ask who......the....your..." Jan wasn't sure how to ask it.

"Aphrodite." She shrugged.

"Oh my freaking God! This is so rich!" Janice started dancing around the chamber.

"Ah always knew you were full of love, sweethaht. Now we know why." Melinda smiled broadly at Gabrielle. She turned to Janice. "Ah you evah gonna grow up?"

"Are you kidding me! After this? No way!" She continued to dance around singing to her self. "I'm part God. I am part part part me me me. I am part Gah-hod. Lalalalala! " It was really quite amusing.

"Ah give up." Mel threw up her hands in defeat.

"I would really like to hear the rest of this story.....LATER! Can you puuhlease get me outta here?" Time had both hands on the bars shaking them for all he was worth.

"Oh yes. You're the reason we came in the first place." Xena stepped to face him. He was maybe three inches taller than she was. Their features were so similar it was eerie. She stared hard into his kind eyes, as if searching for something. He smiled at her with straight white teeth.

"Finally! By the way, how did the floor turn to gold?" He looked down and then back up.

Xena thumbed over her shoulder. "Ask Mel. She just couldn't resist." She looked in his eyes again. "Can I ask you something?"

"Depends. Are you going to get me out of this thing?" He pulled on the bars.

"We'll try. Do I know you?" She tilted her head.

His eyebrow lifted up to his forehead. "Why do you ask?"

"You look familiar." She wasn't putting two and two together and coming up with Time.

"Of course I do. We're related." He grinned at her.

"We are? How?" She didn't doubt what he said, she just couldn't grasp the concept yet.

"I am from the future. Time is really not a line for me, until now that is. You are my great great great many more, grandmother. Hi ya Grandma!" He laughed at the look on her face.

"Oh yeah that's me. I have grandma written all over." She contemplated a moment. "This stuff has got to get straightened out so I can have kids. Otherwise you my friend won't exist." She shook her finger at the young man in the cage.

"Or my sister." He looked quietly at the floor. He missed seeing her. When he had accepted the office of time, he had to give up his family and friends. The good thing was that when he was finished, he got to return to the same place and time as he left. He wouldn't miss anything that happened. But he missed her now.

"You have a sister, huh? What's her name?" Xena was making conversation while they studied the lock. They wanted to be sure of the manner of application.

"Terra." Blue eyes stared into shocked blue when Xena's eyes met his.

Silence filled the air. The dancing stopped.

"Did I say something wrong?" Time was confused by the reaction.

"Maybe it's a different Terra." Gabrielle speculated, but doubted her speculation. There were too many coincidences.

"No. She's the one." Xena knew it in her very being.

"She never mentioned a brother." Jan tried to bring all the factors into play.

"Jan, remembah the story. They had no families. She may veah well have had a brothah, but she nevah met him." Mel worked to recall the entire story.

"What are you guys talking about?" The gorgeous man in the cage was following the story, but he needed the rest of the details filled in.

"We know your sister. But I have a feeling she's not the sister you knew when you left." Xena tried to be as kind as she could

Time frowned and shook his head. He wasn't getting it.

"Long story short. The guy that took the Glass messed up the timeline like you can't believe. He ended up destroying the world. Your sister was born on the Mars Colonies as a slave. She has no idea who you are." Jan was not always the most tactful person, but she got to the point for sure.

The large man stood silently. Anger filled his blue eyes. Of anyone in the world his sister was his life. "Get me the fuck out of here." He had death in his eyes.

"Don't worry...uh....do you have a name? Besides Time I mean." Gabrielle looked kindly at him. Xena was pretty sure now how the lock worked, and had her by the hand.

"Skye." He would have smiled, but his anger was raging now.

"Doesn't that just figure." Jan laughed.

"My mother had an odd sense of humor. She called my sister Terra for the earth, and me Skye for the heavens." He explained what they already knew.

"Well, your sistah's girlfriend has the same name. This is goin' to get interestin'." The good professor was thinking this all quite fascinating.

"OW!" Gabrielle glared at her wife.

"Some God you are." Xena smirked.

"That hurt! And I'm only half God." The blood trickled from her finger.

"You and Herc. Put your hand over here." The warrior pulled her hand to the pad.

"Is that how you got the audience with the council of the God's? You pulled rank didn't you?" The doctor was putting things together.

The half Goddess gave Jan the innocent look.

"Way to go, Gab! I knew there had to be a reason for that." She clapped her hands in applause!

"My sister has a girlfriend? Way to go, Ter. I knew she'd figure it out someday. I'm gonna kill this idiot!" Skye was hacked at the thought of his sister suffering as a slave.

"Skye, you don't need to worry about Creighton. I have a feeling your sister will take care of him." Gabrielle tried to concentrate on anything other than the blood draining from her finger.

Xena held Gabrielle's hand while her blood dripped on the panel. Three drops spread to cover the small indentation in the screen. They waited a few seconds. Nothing happened. Gabrielle was disappointed. She dropped her head. She hadn't had to tell them after all.

Slowly, at first, the bars began to dissolve from the top down. Xena elbowed her wife gently. Gabrielle looked up just as the bars disappeared before her eyes. "Yeeeeesss! It was good for something after all!"

"Thank you ladies! Shall we be on our way?" Skye motioned to the doorway.

Without warning, Gabrielle fell to her knees. She was suddenly disoriented.

Xena reached for her, as she did, she buckled as well. "No." Kneeling on her hands and knees she whispered with dismay.

Melinda ran to her side. "What is it, Xena?"

"Candace." It was obvious to Melinda that the great warrior's heart was breaking.

"Is she...." Mel just couldn't say it.

Xena shook her head. She couldn't believe the word was coming out of her mouth "I think so."

"We need to get out of this God forsaken place. Now!" Skye was adamant. "Xena, Gabrielle, can you walk?"

"I think so." Gabrielle nodded. She knew she wasn't even close to being fine. She felt the literal rip in her soul. The pain was far worse than anything physical.

"I'm fine. Let's get the hell out of here!" Xena put her pain away for the moment as she led the way with the others following in hot pursuit.

=/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

The first wave left blood and destruction in its wake. Creighton's men littered the ground around them. The warlord's army had regrouped and the second attack was fierce in its passion. Swords swung in high arches through the metallic stench in the heated air.

The Queen's Champion swung her heavy blade across her body, leaving the man on the other end of it without his head. Blood spattered along her strong cheek. This Creighton's army had taken her mother. She had absolutely no mercy left in her bones. Her dark eyes pierced the din searching for her next victims. They weren't far. Lissa and her squad were out numbered and in desperate trouble. How dare they mess with her girlfriend. You would think they would have learned by now.

Krista screamed her battle cry and threw herself into the fray. The man with the closest weapon was the first to feel the sting of her wrath. Her blade opened a large gash down the middle of his spine.

He fell to his knees unaware of what hit him. He realized that his legs were of no use to him. It really wouldn't matter that much. He would bleed to death before anyone would find him. He had plenty of time to contemplate the huge mistake he had made following anyone against Xena, or her army. In the end it had cost him his life. His wife had warned him. He wished he had listened.

Lissa nodded her thanks to the Champion. As much as she hated to admit it, she wanted her right then and there. The battle. The danger. The determined glare in the warrior's eye. They all contributed to her desire. She tried to shake it off unsuccessfully. Her eyes met the warrior's again.

Krista knew the look. She grinned at Lissa in acknowledgement.

The look told her everything Lissa needed to know. There would be passion and fire when this was over. Of that there was no doubt.

The man approaching behind Lissa soon found that she was paying more attention to him than he realized. He looked down at the sword sticking out of his gut. His brown eyes looked up to face the Amazon that had impaled him. She pulled the blade up and out with an avenging yank. He sighed his last breath as he fell face first into the sticky mud.

Jules quickly led her unit to the north perimeter. If they could cut off any retreat, they would have the entire army trapped in the canyon.

"GIVA! Behind you!" She spurred her steed to his fastest gait. They almost literally flew to the lieutenant's side. Just as the mace was coming down on her lover's back, Julisa's blade blocked its arching path. Giva dove to the side. The sharp spines of the weapon still struck her left shoulder.

"Ahhhh!" She grasped her shoulder with her blade still in her hand. Blood gushed around the pommel and down her fingers to her wrist.

The commander pulled her blade straight up, carrying the mace with it. The man's weapon flew out of his hand. Jules, still on her horse, pulled her blade down to his face. "Choose."

Seeing that there would be no escape for him, he chose. "Heart."

She plunged her sword true, killing him instantly.

Dismounting, Jules landed on both feet next to Giva. She yelled for her second in command. "KIMMIE!" The Lieutenant Commander rode up sharply. "Take them the rest of the way. I'll be right behind you."

"As you wish, Commander." She saluted sharply then sped away.

"Jules, you need to be with them. I'll be fine." She grimaced as Jules took the blade from the soldier's hand. "Damn!"

"You'll be fine alright. But, I'm going to be sure. Sit." The Commander pulled a pack down off her horse and knelt next to her lover. As she pulled a soft cloth out of the pack, she caught a movement in the brush behind Giva. She lowered her voice to speak. "Hold this tight. Good. Stay here. I'll be right back."

Her movements were so quick, they were almost too rapid to follow. She leapt over Giva and into the underbrush. She had pulled a dagger from her side while still moving through the air. She pulled the man to her by the leather of his armor. She gave the man a hard look before plunging the knife into his neck. The gurgling sound he made was disgusting. She threw him back into the brush so she didn't have to listen to him die.

She returned to her lover's side. Her large hands gently pulled the cloth away from the gaping wound. "Ew. That's nasty."

"Such a big tough warrior you are. Ow!" Give grimaced sharply.

"Sorry. It's gonna sting." Jules concentrated on her practiced movements

"Now you tell me." She tried to smile.

"I'm going to need to put stitches in this." She reached in her bag for needle and thread.

"Can't take me anywhere, huh?" The blonde held her injured arm cradled in the other.

"All dressed up, too. Hold tight to me, babe." She had Giva put her arms tightly around her waist.

"Don't let the others hear you call me that. They'll think we have something going on." She tried to make light of the situation they were in. "Oh! Gods! That hurts."

"I'm sorry, Giva. I say, let them think what they want. Hold still."

"I'm tryin'. So, you don't mind..AH..." She took a deep breath. Tears ran down her cheeks despite her best efforts to stop them. "Can I say ‘Ow’ and still be a warrior?"

"I'll let you get away with it just this once." Jules thought about the previous question "No, sweetheart. I don't mind who knows." Jules held her own tears in check. She hated hurting anyone she loved, let alone this woman. No doubt about it, Giva held her heart. She had fought this love as hard as she could. She had sworn to herself that she would never love again. It was too painful when it left. Now, here she was scared to death she was going to lose the blonde in her arms. To say she wasn't in love would be a lie.

"Good. Kiss me." The blonde caught the strong warrior off guard.

Jules leaned back to look into soft blue eyes. They were sincere and full of the love she didn't think she wanted. At that very moment she realized she couldn't live without it. She bent to the woman in her arms and obliged her wishes. The kiss was gentle and unhurried. Jules pulled back from the contact with tears in her jade tinted eyes. Her large callused hand stroked her hair. "I love you, Giva."

The small warrior was shocked. She never thought she would hear those words from the strong Commander of the Amazon nation. She took a deep breath as Jules finished up the last stitch.

"All finished. Can you stand?"

"It was my arm not my leg, honey. Help me up." With a hand from her lover, she stood to her feet. Standing next to the tall Commander she felt so tiny. Her eyes wandered to the features of the muscular soldier. Jules concentrated as she gazed around the perimeter for possible attackers. The deep concern touched her. "I'm going to go have this bound then I'll meet you up there."

She started to walk to her horse but stopped. She turned back to her tall companion. Her small hand reached up to touch Jules’ strong cheek. "I love you as well, Jules. With everything that I am."

Julisa sighed with obvious relief. She hadn't been wrong. She pulled Giva close to her heart. "Go rest your arm. If I need a one armed warrior, I'll send for you."

"But.." The protest began in earnest.

"No. You can't do me any good like this. Delmar and Cyrene have a tent set up a half a league out. Go on. I'll see you soon." She swept the injured woman gently into a sweet embrace. With a kiss on the forehead, she released Giva to mount her horse.

With a secretive smile, Giva turned her horse and headed for the healers tent.

Jules watched her for a few seconds contemplating what she had just loosed in her life. A slight grin settled on her lips. She would find out soon enough, but right now she had a battle to fight. She turned her black mount northward then sped away to guide her troops.

=/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

"BITCH!" Creighton screamed his outrage. His wrath was uncontrollable. If he had had something to throw, he would have tossed it directly at the Goddess.

Artemis merely smiled at the two men. "Did you really think I would allow you to destroy my chosen and her Champion? Come now Ares, even you are more intelligent than that."

"You can't interfere with my plan, Artemis. Zeus will hear about this." The War God was infuriated. He was tempted to cast fire at her, but it wasn't worth the effort.

"Bad news dear. I can interfere with this because your idiot here has destroyed the timeline, and the earth in the process. I have every right. If you feel it in violation, feel free to call the council. By the time that you do, this will be over. Even now Terra is rescuing Skye, and there is nothing you can do to stop that." She faced the evil warlord. "Your army is being defeated at this moment by the Amazons, and you are left holding your privates in your hand with no hope of release. If you attempt to change time, I will simply make adjustments in our strategy. You can make all the changes you want, but I will always be there to defeat you."

"Return me! Now!" Creighton turned to the God that appointed him.

"Why? Your army is in ruins, or will be soon." Ares saw no point in returning to a lost cause.

"Because that fucking wench, Terra, will not steal my pleasure! Let them destroy the army. I want Skye! It is a better victory than any other could ever be." His face lit up with a vulgar smile.

"You are a disgusting pig!" Artemis was sickened by the sight of his feral grin.

"You know you want me!" He laughed as they disappeared.

The Goddess shiver, totally appalled at the very thought of the man touching her, or anyone she cared about. Unfortunately, Skye was one area she could do nothing about. Because Ares had not had a hand in it, she was bound not to interfere. She sent her thoughts in Skye's direction.

*******(See disclaimers)

=/~~~~~~~~~~~>

Skye was weakened by the lack of sleep and food, but she could discern that something was horribly wrong in the camp. She recognized, in her fogged cognizance, that there was a great deal of shouting. She tried to bring her mind to consciousness, but it simply would not comply with her will. Suddenly there was a rush of light that shot through her mental darkness. Her head lolled on her shoulders as she tried to see.

A rough hand wiped across her cracked and swollen lips. She moaned a protest, but it was no more than a whisper from her parched throat. Her breathing was labored, causing her to cough.

"Hi, honey. Did you miss your daddy while he was gone?" He pulled her face roughly up to meet his. He took possession of her mouth with a violent anger.

The taste of his vile saliva in her mouth made her gag. She finally came to awareness due to the panic in her heart. She tried to spit. Her dehydration didn't allow even so much as a spray.

"Oh, baby. Don't act like that." His large hand buffeted her cheek.

The pain brought her to full awareness. She wished he had left her passed out and unaware. She was not so lucky. She felt every bit of the evil festering within him. He was a truly vile person.

"There are the eyes I love." He pulled his shirt off. His body was large and ripped through with muscle. There would be no chance of Skye fighting him off. "You are so pretty, Skye. I'm going to make you feel so good." He circled her naked body. He loosed the cords that wrapped around the top post. He slowly lowered her arms then retied the restraints.

Her arms had been raised and lowered through out the course of her bondage. It would be bad form for the star prisoner to die of suffocation. Though the ache rang through the muscles of her shoulders, the relief was still immense if short lived.

The muscular man stepped behind her, rubbing his body against hers as he moved. She shuddered in fear. He meant to have her, and she knew it. He stepped back from her slowly. She heard the unfurling of leather. She closed her eyes. She refused to cry out when the strap hit her back, though it sent tendrils of fire through her body. The screaming sound of the whip flying through the putrid air caused her to brace for the impact. She remained silent as the leather left a bloody welt low on her back. Tears streamed down her cheeks in pain and protest.

Creighton crept up behind her, pressing his turgid member into her body. He was getting off just watching her writhe under his torture. He should have done this earlier. He grabbed her hair, yanking her head back. She let go a yelp, but a cry didn't issue forth. He whispered hotly in her ear pressing his naked chest into her back. "Scream for me, bitch. I know you want to." He pulled on her hair again, then threw her head forward. He stepped back and wound up for another blow. This time he put true power behind the strike.

Blood flew out from the gash it left. As hard as she tried the effort was in vain. Against her will, a scream of pain, anger and sadness ripped from her throat.

=/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Taylor followed closely behind Terra. The woman was possessed in her purpose. Candace and the new leader understood her emotions, but needed her to slow down.

"Terra. TERRA!" Taylor caught the girl from behind.

The assassin spun on her with power oozing from her limbs. The anger on her face caused the firefighter to step back quickly. "Whoa. Ter, it's me."

"Keep your hands off of me!" Terra’s rage was not to be trifled with.

Taylor lifted her hands in surrender. "No problem, but you have to slow it down."

"I have to get to her!" She started to turn when Candace stepped in front of her. "Get out of my way!" She wanted to push the small woman out of her way, but her promise to them wouldn't allow her to ever touch the Regent in that manner.

"Terra, you are going to listen to me or get yourself killed. So, I will not move, and you will listen to Taylor. Got it?" Candace pointed a finger at her.

Terra paused for a second, then tried to go around the small Regent in her path.

Candace read her move and stepped in her way. She tried to keep her voice down so as not to broadcast their position. "Damn it, Terra! Stop this. We're going to get her, but YOU have to listen."

Taylor crouched low and entreated her intended and the tall girl to join her. She didn't want to, but Terra bent to the ground beside the firefighter. "I know I'm repeating myself here but listen up. We are going in first to create a diversion. You come in from the south there." Taylor pointed to a small outcropping of trees. "It's close to the tent. There will still be guards, but most of the attention will be focused on us. I know that Jules is drawing men north, and Krista has the south. There won't be many men left in the camp, and they certainly won't expect anyone to make a play for the tent. Let's pray that Creighton hasn't taken her anywhere."

Terra stared hard at Taylor. "She's here. But we need to hurry!"

"Right. Give us enough time to draw them off. We'll meet you outside the entrance. Wait! Take this." She handed Terra the Chakram Xena had given her at Senar's funeral. "You will need this. Understand?"

Terra looked at the weapon in her hand. She knew this weapon without having ever used it. "Yes. Go. Hurry!"

Candace followed her lover into the enemy's domain with her sword drawn. She waited for Taylor to make the first move. The tall firefighter tapped one on the guards on the shoulder. When he turned to face her, it was the last thing he saw for a very long time. She let go a Xena like yell, thrusting both of her thumbs into his eye sockets. He screamed and the attention of the remaining guards was thrust upon her. As they began to swarm, Candace signaled to the waiting killer in the woods.

Terra slipped behind the first man she saw, lifted the round killing thing to his throat, and opened his neck. She dropped his body to the ground without fanfare. She watched for several seconds as Taylor and Candace fended off the first of the guards. Out of the corner of her eye she saw an on rush of Amazon support, Jules’ squad had broken through the perimeter. She had all the distraction she would need. With silent footsteps, she slipped behind the tent and split it from top to bottom. She heard Skye scream. She burst in, only to be surrounded by swords to her throat.

Taylor parried the thrust that came to her side. Her fist flew into the man's face momentarily paralyzing him. It was all she needed. She swung her blade back around and sliced him open from groin to sternum. Her eyes caught a shimmering light in the midst of the battle, but paid it no attention.

A man in leather invisibly approached a small blonde woman. With one hand he stopped the swing of her blade, leaving her vulnerable. She looked up with confusion plastered across her face. The man, with whom she was doing battle, saw the opening and took it. With a wide arch he sliced her across the abdomen. The cut was true. She fell to her knees trying to keep her insides from falling to the ground in front of her.

Taylor felt the concussion of the blow to her beloved. Her head turned in dread. "NOOOOOOO!" She was to her lover's side before the blonde hit the ground.

"Candace!" She knelt at her side. Checking around her for a path of escape, she implored her lover. "Hold still. I'll get you out of here."

Candace had little breath left to speak. A small hand covered in blood reached to the strong cheek of her lover. Green eyes knowing the truth spoke what she could. "No."

The world fell away as Taylor realized the truth of what Candace had said in that one word. There was no use. Tears welled up in crystal blue eyes. "No! They can't take you from me! NO!"

"I....love you, Tayl..." Candace grimaced in pain. She took a deep breath and let it slowly out. Her hand dropped, leaving a trail of her own blood down the cheek of her soulmate.

Taylor sat heavily. She pulled the small blonde into her arms, screaming her anger and her agony to all who would hear her. "No damn you! You live! DO YOU HEAR ME! YOU LIVE, GOD DAMN IT! You have to. Please......please....please...." She rocked the silent body of her soulmate in her strong embrace while her heart shattered into pieces. Eternity and the battle passed as she swayed.

Ares laughed then shimmered away.

Terra took stock of the situation she was in. She had to act fast if she wanted to save her lover and herself. The man who grinned at her sickened her with his look.

"Welcome, Terra. You're just in time for the finale." His evil grin was plastered across his face.

Bile filled her mouth as she realized what he meant. Skye was bloodied and bruised, but conscious. The evil man behind her was naked and covered with sweat. His erection was menacing. He stepped up to Skye with the intent to violate her for the first time since she had arrived. He was more excited with Terra there to witness the act.

"Watch and learn what a real man can do." He drew back in preparation.

Terra saw her opportunity as the men turned their eyes to watch the violation. She cocked her arm and threw the Chakram with all that she had. It bounced off of the center pole, ricocheted back taking the blades of the swords around her off at the hilts. It bounced off a chain that hung from the post behind her, and sliced through human flesh. She caught it handily as it returned to her.

Creighton had a split second of surprise before he saw that the blood that was spurting around him was coming from the spot in his groin where his manhood used to reside.

"Watch and see what a pissed off assassin can do, asshole." Terra spit at the screaming man.

He grasped his crotch trying in vain to keep from bleeding to death. The men in the tent with him cringed in sympathy. They looked to the woman with the vengeful look in her eyes. They knew they were very dead men. They were so right. In the course of less than a minute, three men who were once guards to the Mighty Creighton were laying in their own blood dead or dying.

"Skye!" The young assassin raced to the posts releasing the small tortured blonde.

"Is it really you? Are you real?" Skye reached out with her freed hands. Her shoulders screamed in protest, but she had to touch her savior's face.

"I'm as real as I'm ever gonna get." She pulled Skye up to cradle her gently. Large arms embraced the weakened woman. She kissed Skye's forehead. "Can you walk?"

"I think so." As Terra set her to her feet, she wobbled slightly, but was able to get her legs under her. "The Glass, Terra. We need the Glass." She weakly pointed to the table where the large hourglass stood.

Terra grasped the instrument. She felt a strange tingle of recognition when she touched it. She considered it odd, but didn't have time to give it a second thought. They stepped out of the tent. There was a silence that hung over the carnage that was palpable. Terra's blue eyes wandered the ground. Her eyes stopped on the huddled form of a warrior wrapped around an unmoving woman.

Skye whispered. "No."

"They have the Glass!" Skye announced to the group.

"How the fuck do you know that from here?" Jan was not in the mood for anything.

"Because I'm fucking Time, Jan! I know when the Glass has been transferred. Whoever has it can use it to change the out come of events to their will. I wish we could talk to them." The mention was just in passing.

"We can. Xena, we can!" Gabrielle understood where this was going.

She looked into hopeful green eyes. What could it hurt? If only Taylor would listen. "OK. Let's do it. Jan, Mel. You need to help us."

The four women joined hands in the center of a golden paved passageway through Tartarus. As they let go of the reality they were in, Xena's conscious mind sped to her soulmate.

<Taylor>

The dark-haired warrior didn't want the connection. She fought it.

<Damn it, Taylor. Now is not the time to fight me. We can change this.>

Taylor opened her mind to the contact. <How?>

Janice looked up at Skye. "Talk to me Time Boy. How do they do this?"

"This is hard to explain. Taylor, Terra and Skye must be in contact with each other."

Jan conveyed the message.

Taylor kissed Candace's forehead then let her love gently to the ground. "Terra, take my hand."

<Now what?>

"What now, Skye?" Jan was trying to be calm with him.

"Whoever has the Glass needs to turn it sideways."

<Tell Terra to turn the Glass on its side.>

"Ter, tilt the Glass to its side." Taylor was numb, but following the instructions. She didn't really understand what was going on.

As Terra did so, everything around them stopped. There was no sound, no movement. Nothing.

"OK they did that. Now what?" Jan prodded him for the next details.

"Turn the Glass upside down. When time goes to the point where Candace was attacked, turn it sideways again."

Terra turned the Glass upside down. When she did a glow surrounded all of them. The world began to run in reverse. Cuts were uncut. Severed heads sat right upon shoulders once again. A soiled man's sword uncut a gash across a small blonde's stomach. Candace stood to her feet looking strangely at her sword. Terra turned the Glass sideways and time stopped. There stood the truth of the entire death. The God of War held the tip of Candace's sword in his hand.

"Bastard! Fucking bastard." Taylor started after him.

"Taylor, NO! You need to stay with us. What do we do now?" Terra asked her angry companion.

"I... I lost the connection." She looked at the two others with her. "I...I don't know."

"We lost them." Xena looked down cast.

"I know." Two sets of blue eyes turned to look at Skye. "We need to be in contact with Candace. Walk together to where she is."

The three walked in tandem to where the blonde stood. Taylor reached out her hand to touch her lover. The moment she made contact with her, Candace jumped with movement. She frowned at everything that had just happened. She was struggling with her sword one minute, and standing next to her beaming lover the next. She was disoriented and totally confused.

"What? Where?" She looked around at the frozen scene before her. She was freaking out.

"Honey, don't worry about it now." Taylor smiled through her tears.

"What's next, Skye?" Terra knew the relief Taylor felt at that very moment.

"Turn the Glass upright. Time will reset. When we get to the time when we came out of the tent to stand there, change hands and we will return to real time as well." Skye spoke with authority.

They moved to the spot where Terra and Skye had stopped. It was odd to watch themselves walk out of the tent to stand in the very spot where they now stood. Terra switched the Glass to her other hand. Time resumed to normal. Taylor swept the small, confused Regent into her arms and kissed her soundly.

"Don't you ever do that again!" Taylor was angry and thrilled at the same time. She didn't think she would ever let the blonde go again. She knew that this would bring her nightmares later, but for now she had her lover in her arms again.

"Do what? What did I do? I have a feeling I missed something. And Skye, sweetheart!" She pulled the blonde girl into her arms. "He didn't 'hurt' you did he."

"No. Terra made it just in time. I think I need to sit." The realization of how close he had come to taking everything away from her hit hard. She was suddenly weak.

Terra carried Skye to a leather seat and placed her down gently. "Water. Anyone have a water skin?"

Taylor pulled hers over her head then handed it to the young woman. Skye took a long draw from the skin. " Not so fast. It'll make you sick." The girl slowed her sipping.

Terra knelt next to her lover protectively. "Skye, how did you know how to use the Glass?"

Skye's green eyes were lost in deep thought. "I don't know. I just knew." She shrugged.

By the time the four women were finally able to make contact again it was already over. Gabrielle sighed her relief. "She's back. It's alright." A small tear escaped her emerald eye as her emotions took over.

Janice was still trying to make sense of things. "Why didn't we experience anything here?"

The tall strong man looked kindly down on the doctor. "Because here there is no time. Well, there is time, but time always goes forward, never backwards and it certainly never stops."

"That's why he brought you heah. Even if you got the Glass somehow, you couldn't use it." Melinda was fascinated by the entire concept.

"Exactly." Skye smiled at.

"How did she know how to use it?" Xena looked into Time's matching blue eyes.

He simply smiled.

=/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

To be continued.....but wasn't that exciting!


Return to The Bard's Corner