Disclaimers

Copyright: This story is copyrighted to the author Ó 1999 by T.Novan. Do not use any part of this story without my written permission. I may be contacted at TNOVAN@aol.com

Sex: This story contains scenes of two women making love. <smile> If this offends you, please don’t read my story. There are plenty of other wonderful stories out there.

Violence: There are scene of violence in this piece. If that offends please move on.

Comments: As always welcomed at TNOVAN@aol.com

 

 

The Claiming of Ford

By T.Novan

LOG TWELVE

Marra sat on the bench in the work out room. She watched Ford perform a series of stretching routines, she was positively beguiled by the woman in front of her. She smiled when the Garron winked at her, even as she continued to stretch and work her muscles. After several minutes, Ford stopped the routine then stepped forward.

"My I have my blade?" She asked with another wink.

Marra had been so busy watching Ford work out she had forgotten that she had been entrusted with holding Ford’s sword and scabbard. "Of course." She offered the weapon to the tall woman.

"Thanks so much." She leaned in and whispered. "You can wipe that silly grin off your face now."

"Don’t think so. You don’t know what I was thinking."

"Behave." The Garron growled, giving a little kiss to the blonde’s ear.

"You never said I couldn’t think about it."

"You don’t even know what it is you’re thinking about."

"I’m getting a pretty good idea." Marra turned her head and lowered her voice. "And I’m pretty sure involves the both of us being naked and breathing hard."

Ford straightened, turned on her heals and headed for the sparring ring. "Capri give me strength." She tossed her scabbard aside, then began a series of exercises with her blade. Twirling it, cutting through the air, moving in perfectly harmony. She worked the blade for several minutes until her sparring partner entered the room.

"Garron Ford." The young man smiled at his commander as he pulled his blade from his scabbard. "How are you today?"

"I’m fine Dorian. Looking forward to a hard workout." She glanced at Marra. "I need it." She chuckled a bit, stepping into the sparring area. "Lots of stress to relieve."

"Then let’s do it shall we?" Dorian bowed slightly, stepping into the sparring area.

"Oh yes let’s." Dorian advanced. His overhead blow blocked quickly and easily by the tall woman.

The blonde watched the two combatants spar. It didn’t take long for them to both work up a heavy sweat as they battled back and forth with the weighty weapons. Marra noticed that Ford’s hair was quickly becoming matted to her face and neck. She also noticed that her muscles were standing out against the fabric of her workout uniform.

She felt a little growl escape. She didn’t know where these feeling were coming from, but they were starting to drive her crazy. It seemed that all she could think about lately was Ford touching her, and if it didn’t happen soon she felt as if she would simply explode. She had even tried that cold shower theory Ford had told her about, it hadn’t worked either.

The clanging of the metal returned her to the workout room, her focus settling back on Ford. This woman had been kind, understanding and patient. She had opened a whole new world up to her. She had allowed her to feel like a person from the moment she met her, treated her as an equal. She knew she owed Ford more than she would ever be able to repay. She hoped she would be a good wife, the type of wife that Ford would be proud to have at her side, for the rest of her life.

The sparring match lasted almost a half hour, Ford finally drove forward, forcing her opponent to surrender. "Yield!" Ford commanded, her breathing labored, hands shaking just a bit.

"I yield to you Garron Ford." Dorian choked, dropping to his knees from exhaustion.

Ford, blinked then backed up. She took a moment to collect her thoughts, then she dropped her blade to her side and offered the young man her hand. "Thank you Dorian."

He allowed himself to be pulled to his feet. "As always, it is my pleasure to serve you Garron Ford." He collected his gear and quietly made his way from the room.

Marra couldn’t help but think about how much that reminded her of the first morning she had seen Danella leave the smaller room. She stood, taking a towel over to Ford.

"Thank you." The tall woman took the towel, wiping her face and neck.

"Are you married to him too?"

Ford lifted a brow at the question. "Dorian? No I’m not married to him. He’s my son. So to speak."

"Your son?" Marra was amazed, it seemed every time Ford opened her mouth she learned something new.

"Yes. I was married to his mother. His father was one of my best friends. His parents were killed when rebel fighters blew the shuttle they were traveling in, out of the air. Helena managed to get Dorian in an escape pod. It was rescued by one of our own ships. The boy was returned to me and I raised him."

"How old was he?"

"Three. He’s seventeen now."

"You must have been very young."

"I was. Helena was my first wife. I was stationed at Command when I met her. We married. Turner, her husband was my personal assistant. They married and a year later Dorain was born."

"Any more spouses or children I should know about?" Marra teased, handing Ford the scabbard for her blade.

"No. I still have two wives you haven’t met though. Reida, who I think you, will like a lot. She had two husbands, Erland and Burke and another wife Milina. So far they haven’t had any children. Then there is Cipora, she’s a quiet one, she recently took another wife named Blair."

"And you are the head of this family?"

"Yes." Ford slipped her blade into the scabbard then draped the towel over her neck. "My social status makes me the head of my family."

"So what if someone takes a spouse of higher social status than yours?"

"They’d have to marry into the Chancellor’s family to do that."

"Ford do you mean to tell me your royalty?"

"Well, it depends on how you look at it. I don’t think of myself as royalty."

"But you are. Ford what is your title?"

The tall woman sighed, taking Marra’s hand in hers, beginning the walk home. "I am Ford Kurrathian, High Lord of the Second House."

Marra swallowed hard. "Why didn’t you tell me?"

"Because here I am merely Garron Ford, Commander of the battle cruiser Devereux."

"But you are…."

Ford stopped, turning to Marra, taking her by the shoulders. "I am merely Ford. Someone who loves you a great deal. Do not let this get in the way of that."

"I just don’t know if I can be your wife Ford. I’m not suited to be the Lady of a fine house."

"I think you are."

"Ford. Surely Danella is…."

"Danella is a criminal." The tall woman drew the blonde into her arms. "Marra you will be a fine addition to my house. If you choose to do so, you will be the First Lady Kurrathian. None of my other wives want or deserve the position. It will be very demanding. I won’t force it on you."

Marra shook her head. "In a weeks time I have gone from being an insignificant slave to potentially becoming the First Lady of your house. I just don’t understand why this is happening to me."

"Because you deserve it." Ford gave her a light kiss. "Now, let’s go home so I can shower."

"Shower huh?"

"Yes, long, hot and alone." Ford grinned.

"You’re no fun."

"Yeah, yeah I know.

****

Marra prepared dinner while Ford showered. The blonde set the table, making sure that it was perfect. All this new information was settling in and she was having a little trouble making it all process.

Wife to a High Lord? A fine wife for a simple Garron maybe, but a High Lord? She didn’t have the education or the training to be a wife to a High Lord and she knew it. She felt a sudden emptiness in her heart when she realized what she had to do.

Ford stepped out of the shower. She dried off quickly, throwing on a robe. The aroma of the meal that had been prepared caused her stomach to growl. She smiled at the thought of having this woman in her life. Her life was good now that Marra had come into it.

Ford entered the living quarters, stopping long enough to give the blonde a kiss. "Hmm smells good. What is it?"

"Travarian casserole and soup."

"Marra you spoil me." Ford chuckled taking a seat at the table. "Not that I’m complaining mind you. I find that I rather enjoy being spoiled."

"I’m glad." She settled down next to Ford and served dinner. "Ford are you sure you want to marry me?"

The Garron looked to Marra, her glass stopped at her lips, and she slowly lowered it. "Of course I’m sure. Why would you ask such a thing?"

"I must admit. I’m not comfortable with the thoughts of being your wife now."

Ford’s heart sank. She willed herself not to break down. "I see. Why because you found out I’m a High Lord?"

"Not just a High Lord. You are next in line for Chancellor."

"Not true. Chancellor Trella has two sons and a daughter. A lot of things would have to happen before I became Chancellor."

"Still, I know my place in our society Ford and it most certainly is not that of a First wife to a High Lord."

"Fine, I’ll renounce my title…"

"You can’t."

"I can and I will. I want you to be my wife and I’ll do whatever I have to, to make you comfortable enough to marry me. I’ll give everything up if I must, my title, my command." Ford stood and began pacing back and forth. "I’ll give it all up and become a farmer or a serpentine breeder or a catala herder." She moved back to the table, kneeling down in front of the blonde. "Whatever it takes to keep you in my life Marra. Just tell me." Her voice cracked and she felt the tears welling in her eyes.

Marra looked down into the face of the woman who seemed to be the strongest person she had ever met; now she saw someone who looked almost terrified. She cupped Ford’s face in her hands. "Don’t get upset. I didn’t mean to upset you Ford. I’m just not sure I can be the kind of wife that someone in your position needs."

Ford tried to lighten the mood with a little chuckle. "I’m on my knees here Marra. I don’t know what other position to be in."

An very impish smile spread across the blonde’s face.

"All right, no comments." Ford joked, reaching up and caressing Marra’s face. "Please just know that I love you. I want to share my life with you." She grinned again. "Of course, if I give up my title, we’ll be destitute and my life will be all I have to share."

"That’s all I want from you. I don’t care about any of the other things. I’m just frightened that I’ll fail you."

Ford retook her seat, never releasing Marra’s hands or her gaze. "You will make mistakes. I make mistakes. We learn from them and we move on. No one, especially me, expects you to be perfect. I just want you to be you."

"I am a slave." Marra laid one hand over her own heart, then the other over Ford’s. "You made me more. I’m already more than I ever thought I could be. I was born a slave. I thought I would die a slave. And even if something happens that I do, I will have marvelous memories of being another living soul in the eyes of someone wonderful, if even for a short time."

"Don’t you talk like that Marra. No matter what happens," Ford dropped her head just a bit when she realized there was still a chance Marra wouldn’t marry her. "Or doesn’t happen between us. You will never be a slave again. I promise you that. If you choose not to marry me, I will still find a way to make you a citizen. I’m sure if I make a request to the Chancellor…"

"Ford, if you really mean what you said. I’d be crazy not to marry you."

"I meant every word Marra. Every word."

The blonde leaned in, kissing Ford with depth and devotion. Ford wrapped her arms around the woman and pulled her to her feet, then picked her up in her arms and walked to the bed.

"Marra?" Ford breathed heavily as they broke from the kiss, she nuzzled Marra’s neck.

"Unh? What?" Marra whined just a bit, grasping Ford’s robe, feeling very warm and very distracted at the moment.

"You want to make a mistake with me? We’ll make out first ones together."

"I think that’s a grand idea." Marra nodded against Ford’s neck, grazing her lips along damp skin.

Ford laid the woman down in their bed. She looked down into expectant green eyes. "I love you." She whispered, while her hand slowly traveled to Marra’s blouse to unfasten the buttons.

"I love you too, Ford. Very, very much." Her hands traveled to the belt of Ford’s robe. Just as she tugged on it, Ford’s com signal went off.

"Aww no, no, no, no, no." Ford groaned, dropping her head. "I don’t believe this."

"You don’t believe it!" Marra grumbled, tying the belt back into place.

Ford pushed off the bed, moving to the com panel. "Please tell me that the ship is about to explode!" She growled after slamming her hand into the panel.

"Garron Ford I’m sorry to interrupt you during your time off, but there is an urgent transmission for you from Chancellor Trella."

"I’ll take it in my office." Ford grasped her hand, turned and stalked into her office.

Marra pulled a pillow over her face and screamed.

****

"Yes Trella, I understand. We’ll be there in a week. I’ll make sure that I report to you just as soon as I get there. Now in return, there is something I want you to do for me."

"What?"

"I’m sending you a request for citizenship for a young woman I want to marry." Ford sent the file, realizing as she worked the panel that something was very wrong with her hand. "I want you to clear her and authorize it right now."

"Ford, I can’t do that without reviewing the application."

"Trella, do you want my help and the support of the Second House?"

"Yes."

"Then do it."

"Who is she?"

"Doesn’t matter to you. You’re not the one marrying her, I am."

"What do you know about her?"

"I know I love her and if you don’t send those documents back in thirty seconds with your authorization you can forget…"

"All right, all right Ford I’m doing it. Calm down. She must really be something. Is she good in bed?"

"I wouldn’t know." The Garron growled, gripping her injured hand. Ford watched as the documents came back to her completely authorized. "Thank you."

"Nothing like a little extortion to end the day."

"Don’t think of it as extortion Trella, think of it as incentive."

"Right. Well, I look forward to seeing you again and meeting the new Lady Kurrathian."

"Un-huh." The doubt in Ford’s voice was clear.

"I’m being truly sincere. I want only good things for you Ford."

"Glad to hear it. I’ll see you as soon as we get back. Ford out." She switched off the com link. "Marra!"

She got up from her desk, moving slowly to the door where Marra met her. "Yes Ford?"

"I need to go to the med lab. I think I may have broken my hand."

"Oh Ford no!"

She gave what was a cross between the grin and a grimace with a little nod. "Yeah I think so."

"Well, let’s go get it taken care of." She wrapped her arm around Ford’s waist, taking the injured hand gently into her own. "Oh yeah you’ve got at least one broken finger there."

"Hey by the way." Ford stopped, turning Marra in her arms, being careful of her busted hand. She leaned in giving the woman a tender kiss. "Congratulations."

"For what?"

"You’re a citizen. The Chancellor herself just authorized it."

 

TBC…

 


Return to The Claiming of Ford

Return to The Bard's Corner