Warlord Daze

by Katrina


The following is a bit of alternative fiction based on certain characters from the Xenaverse. It is not meant to infringe on anyone else's rights. If you don't agree or disapprove, please go read something else.

Xex Alert: Oh Boy Is There. .This is a Prurient Piece with a Bit of Kink (If you hear the crack of the whip then you'll be in the neighborhood) Proceed at your own risk. :)

Remember, this is all meant in fun!


Gabrielle was starved, though she'd managed to forget about it during their expedition through the camp. However, as soon as the bard entered the tent she was revealed because the smells of well prepared food wafted through the air and inspired a loud and embarrassingly prolonged gurgle. She flushed, smacked her forehead and rolled her eyes. Next time she'd remember to take something to snack on. So much for competency.

Xena whipped around at the sound and for a brief moment Gabrielle thought she was in trouble, but the warrior's face held such consternation that the bard nearly laughed. Then the warrior's expression turned immediately contrite. She stepped up to the bard and touched her face gently. "Gods, Gabrielle," the bard decided she loved her name, especially when Xena said it, "You should have told me. We could have stopped, or at least gotten you something." The warlord's mask came off.

Gabrielle grabbed the concerned woman's hand in her own and smiled gently. "You had to gather your people. I understand. Next time I'll," she was interrupted by her lover.

"Next time you'll tell me you're hungry and we'll get you fed." Xena grinned, her eyes soft, "It would look bad for me if my slave fainted from hunger. What would the neighbors think?" That elicited a grin from the bard. Xena's expression turned serious as she looked at her bard's face. Strong fingers traced the lines under her eyes and down along her jaw. "You're tired love."

"I'm okay," Gabrielle countered, meaning to reassure her warrior. Xena winced inside. Gabrielle was trying to hearten her, after all that had happened this day. After what she'd made the small Amazon do? Hades, did she deserve such a woman?

Xena tisked, "You shouldn't fib." Her voice was smooth as velvet, "You were up early and it's been nonstop since." She knew the bard wasn't used to keeping up this pace. What *had* she been thinking? Selfish! She vowed not to do it again. Xena might treat others that way, but not this woman. Gabrielle looked like she was about to dispute with the warlord and Xena grinned, "I know I said we could argue in our home, but do you really want it to be about this?"

Gabrielle blinked for a second, registering the words, "Our," and "Home." First was the our. Inclusive. Second was, "Home." Xena thought of the tent as home. Well maybe not in that perfect sense of a place with four walls, but what did she mean? Abruptly, Gabrielle had enough of thinking for the day. Xena was her home. It didn't matter. Gabrielle shook her head in acknowledgment of Xena's question and giving into impulse laid her head against the armor protected chest. The cool metal felt good against her skin.

Xena wrapped a protective arm around the bard. "Let's get you something to eat and you into bed. We'll talk tomorrow morning." She pulled back a little and looked into warm hazel eyes. "Unless you want to talk tonight."

Gabrielle gazed sincerely at Xena and thought about her response. She opted for truth, "Xena, I've had so many thoughts running through my head that I think they've trampled what I would have to say. I can wait." Her eyes said that she meant it, but they also said, but not too long.

The meal was not a prolonged affair. Under normal circumstances Gabrielle would have eaten with a delighted gusto, while discussing the adventures of the day. Tonight she simply chewed and swallowed, as she struggled to stay awake.

When she was finished, the Amazons cleaned up and were excused by the Warrior Princess with a gracious, "thank you." (You have to reward the good people do, even "slaves." They hung around longer and stayed mannerly that way.) Gabrielle went to take care of some necessary business (with armed escort, of course. Whatever her status with Xena, she was still the Amazon Queen and they were bound to protect her, not to mention they wanted to protect her.)

Gabrielle left the guard outside, with a few soft spoken words of praise and thanks delivered to a smiling Amazon. Then she stepped in to the candle lit tent, with the intent of heading straight to bed. She felt a little better with some food in her and the walk outside and put a little energy into her step, but she still felt sleepy.

That's why she didn't see her at first. Xena sat in the shadows of the tent, watching for the return of her bard. Her blue eyes narrowed to a serene focus, her breathing even. Her mind had replayed the events of the day, from Nisus' appearance to the bard's lopsided grin when she finished her meal. And in that replay she'd remembered all the feelings and sensations as if they were fresh. Including the ardor she'd felt at the sight of her bard wielding the whip. Not that she'd wanted the punishment of the boy. She hadn't. But Gabrielle had been stunningly beautiful, had been gloriously powerful in its enactment. Xena could still feel the tingle of excitement she'd felt in her gut. It had been a tremendous turn on for the warrior. Her bard was a woman of many talents and strengths. And oh, it felt so good, to feel free to think of Gabrielle as *her* bard. It brought a purr to her throat.

Xena's fluid motion when she stood up caught the attention of the strawberry blonde, and held it. Gabrielle stopped where she was and gazed in a kind of astonished reverence. Xena wore what she was born with. The sleek warrior moved with a feline grace, stalking the strawberry blonde like the love struck quarry that she was.

"Gabrielle," the warrior hummed, when she was a little bit closer, and the bard's felt a pulsation of energy sing through the back of her knees. Xena's gaze traveled the compact woman's shape and the strawberry blonde felt a flutter, a tickle in her middle that swirled to her center and caused an instant humidity. The warrior held out her hand and Gabrielle took it.

She was led into the "bedroom" where a wash basin was positioned on the floor. A small table held pitchers of water and some other bathing items. Gabrielle felt the feathery touch of Xena's fingers as the warrior liberated the clothing from her body First the top, with Xena reaching around to undo the small pin that held it together, letting the leathers hang for a moment as she cupped firm breasts in her hand. Then her fingers trailed up Gabrielle's skin and hooked into the straps, pulling the top completely off. Gabrielle didn't see where she put it. She wasn't paying attention.

Instead, she savored the way the warrior removed her kilt, with a smooth palm gliding down her abdomen and hooking over her belt. Gabrielle's eyelids fluttered and she leaned back against the warrior princess, gasping a little. Gaia, Xena could undress her anytime and bath time was fast becoming the small woman's favorite time of the day. In a few supple movements, the belt and kilt were off and Gabrielle was in her skin too. Then she felt the touch of the warlord's fingers along her neck and her hair was gathered, rolled and clasped. Xena whispered into the bard's ear, "into the tub." The bard stepped into the small wash basin and stayed standing (there wasn't anywhere to sit) obediently, though she was reluctant to lose contact with Xena.

Xena smiled softly, her eyes narrow in sensual appreciation. She selected a sponge and held it near Gabrielle's chest, then picked a pitcher up and poured warm water onto the sponge and against the bards chest. Cold water isn't the only thing that will perk nipples up. Xena grinned and set the pitcher down, not yet squeezing the sponge. Xena rubbed the wet sponge in large brisk swirls over the bards body, just to get her a little wet (and it was sure working.) Then she added soap to what she was doing. This time the circles were smaller, a little more intimate. They made Gabrielle's skin sing out in sheer bliss. Her touch was everywhere; face, front, under the breasts, down her belly, in her curls and down her thighs; back, along the her spine and shoulders, massaging her lower back and hips, down to the crevice of her knees all the way to her feet. The bard was near to wilting with pleasure. Then, while her eyes were closed in sensual nirvana, the bard was rinsed with warm water and a fresh sponge.

Xena's warm velvety voice filled her senses, "Step out love." The bard blinked her eyes open and stepped out, with Xena's help. Then, she found herself being dried (all over) by gentle towel covered hands, from the her forehead to the very tips of her toes. Oh she was feeling very very loved. Tension she hadn't even realized she'd been feeling eased out of her body and left her feeling relaxed.

She was picked up in the cradle of Xena's arms and carried. This time, it was to the bed. The heat of the warrior's body warmed through Gabrielle completely and her whole self responded. They gazed at each other, with Xena finally claiming her mouth in a soul searing kiss. Then ever so gently, with one knee supporting her, the warrior lowered the bard onto the bed.

The bard found herself looking up, soaking up the the textures of her lover. Smooth skin, some scars, dark curly triangle, sweet clean scent. Her gaze filled with desire and that look was returned by blue eyes that were ablaze with passion. Xena smiled, seductively, luxuriously as she leaned over her bard, her breasts swinging some with her movements, her strong arms spreading over Gabrielle's shoulders, her knee wedging its gentle way between willing thighs. Her voice was a marvelous growl, "Now *this* is what I want to see in the morning."

Sleep was a little late in arriving.


11 | 12 | 14


ŠAugust 1997