Warlord Daze

by Katrina


The following is a bit of alternative fiction based on certain characters from the Xenaverse. It is not meant to infringe on anyone else's rights. If you don't agree or disapprove, please go read something else.

Xex Alert: Oh Boy Is There. .This is a Prurient Piece with a Bit of Kink (If you hear the crack of the whip then you'll be in the neighborhood) Proceed at your own risk. :)

Remember, this is all meant in fun!


The moment the cup pressed against Gabrielle's soft pink lips, guided by Xena's mentoring hand, the plain goblet Nisus held in his own dark hand became the most precious item in his possession. It was one of the mates to the set and he knew, deep within the pit that had become his soul, this was as close as he would ever come to being one of the slave's. He pressed the container to his lips, which were usually edged into thin lines of displeasure, but they had taken on a sudden sensitivity and he couldn't find those lines for the life of him. His eyelids refused to close. He didn't wish to lose, even to a blink, the sight before him. He watched how the golden one took the liquid into her mouth (not too much) and held it, savored it, before swallowing. He followed her example and found the wine, as he rolled it against his tongue, sweet to the taste, like he imagined she would be. He set his cup down, shakily, but more silently than last time.

Xena's cool voice centered his focus on her. Her fine features held the essence of power and he knew the skill with which she wielded it. Her hand waved elegantly, expressively his way. "Aren't you going to have something to eat?" She frowned, and her eyes narrowed dangerously as if she were offended, "That is, after all, the reason you are here, is it not." Nisus' ears reddened as he let his gaze rest on an empty platter. He was here on a bet after all, wasn't he? It was a wager he'd instigated and provoked until the Warlord, who sat at the head of this table had finally, reluctantly given in. He'd known what he was doing then, and now, he was filled with terrible awareness that Xena knew he'd been staring at *her* slave, *her* lover. He was as revealed to her as if he were naked. Even more so. He would have felt more comfortable if he *were* naked.

He thought about that idea again. Well, maybe not.

The Warrior Princess, one of the most feared (deservedly so) people in the world, had endured rudeness upon rudeness from him. He was lucky she hadn't slit his throat at the table and he knew it. He didn't think she'd allow much more, compatriot or not. He was afraid to look up from the plate, but knew he had to. He was a warlord himself after all. It wouldn't do to lose face, although he had already. His only consolation was that Colchak was not here to see his vulnerability.

When he finally dared her gaze he was surprised to see understanding, almost a compassion. The Warlord's body was relaxed and her elbow rested on the armrest of her chair. Her hand supported her chin as she waited for his response. Her blue eyes weren't warm, not at all, but he took comfort in Xena's body language which indicated she wasn't angry at him for his wayward glances. Of course she wasn't, he'd heard about the event by the armory. She might be dangerous, but she wasn't a hypocrite. She'd said they could look. Which meant the Warlord was serious. She wanted to know why he wasn't eating. He straightened his shoulders and thought about assuming his usual haughty manner. Then he thought about the results.

Colchak wasn't here, yet (That was a rudeness the other warlord would have to deal with himself. Nisus' heart palpitated. Gods, she can take you down with A Glance or a Word. Xena hardly needs a sword). The only witness was the Warrior Princess herself, her beautiful favorite, and her (obviously) reliable slaves. He could afford it. "Beg Pardon, Xena. It's been a long day."

Xena laughed quietly in response and she sat back up again. She picked up her fork (Good Sign!) and selected some items from her own rapidly diminishing supply. He was amazed at how much the small woman was eating. Where did it all go? Now that was a stupid thought. A better question was, when did the Warlord rest? He watched Xena speculatively. The warrior's response was amiable, "That it has been Nisus. That it has been." Nisus began to fill his plate. She fed the lovely one again, but this time, Nisus' gaze was occupied with business at hand.

Soon his platter was piled high and Gabrielle had to wonder if he'd even be able to finish it all (it was filled with more food than even she would have selected). The bard gave Xena a look and received a knowing smirk. The warlord leaned forward and whispered into her ear. "You are about to see why warlords wake up cranky." Gabrielle gave her a startled look, but was soothed when Xena moved her thigh, rubbing in a sensual swirl against the compact woman's juicy core. Gabrielle gave her lover an earthy glance in response and her warlord whispered in a voice full of warm promise, "I won't wake up cranky," The dark woman nibbled her slave's sensitive neck, just on the underside of her ear, "will I?" Gabrielle shook her head softly, feeling the weight and coolness of her golden hoops move in response. Not if *she* had anything to say about the matter.

Colchak picked that moment to step into the tent. He arrived noisily and protested the fact that Solari had demanded his weapons, "What's the meaning of this! I'm an invited guest! Xena, tell her!" He pushed against the Amazon warrior's chest and came just shy of losing that hand. Xena was truly amazed that a man so unobservant in daily life could possibly make it as far as he had. It was a good thing he was an excellent strategist. That's why she wanted him alive, if at all possible.

Xena pulled back from her intimate position and settled contentedly, regally against the padding of her chair. Her free arm rested comfortably and she found herself placing her right foot on the stool that Gabrielle provided. The woman thought of everything! She smiled at her lover and received a delicious grin in return. The warlord closed her eyes so briefly that no one knew she'd just settled some butterflies. The games were about to begin and she wanted to be in her best form. Gabrielle's foresight saved the day for the warrior. It felt so good to be in the seat. It reminded her of her days as a Warlord, in a good way. It was her one extravagance that she'd always regretted losing. Gods she loved this chair. She was *so* Glad Gabrielle had procured the item, no matter how she'd done it.

The alluring warlord didn't bother looking towards the entry way, instead she left her focus on the honey blonde she was seducing. She extended her long arm and picked up a lovely ruby colored strawberry, dipped it in some sweet sauce (to the temporary dismay of Gabrielle, who'd liked the taste of the *other* sauce.) and told her lover to open again. Nisus, fork stopped halfway to his mouth, watched helplessly as Gabrielle did as she was told. Again, her lips opened, she extended a long red tongue. Xena's fingers delicately pressed the fruit against it and rolled the strawberry, briefly. Then she lifted the berry away. The tongue returned to its owner, who took a moment to glory in the taste. The golden woman grinned. That hadn't been bad at all. She smacked her lips and opened her mouth again, this time taking a neat bite of what was offered.

"XENA!" It was a shout, a thudding of the voice which was meant to startle. It didn't work. (Well it did kind of, but not on the one he was aiming for. Colchak's lieutenant jumped as he was handing over his blades. Fortunately for the young man, they were sheathed.)

Xena shifted her gaze slowly, very slowly, painfully slowly to the tall warlord. Her narrowed eyes were colder than the snow on Mount Olympus, "*We* have *had* this conversation before haven't we?." Her voice was amazingly sweet for the amount of venom that it carried. The blonde man paled.

Xena looked back at Gabrielle and her expression softened immediately. She proffered the rest of the berry to the young woman, whose love was well spread on the dark woman's thigh and seemed to be never ending. Gabrielle accepted, her eyes closing in delight. Xena smiled and reached for something else that might bring that glorious look of relish to her lover's face. Her next words flowed through the room more softly than the whispered flight of a dandelion seed, "Colchak, if I have to get out this chair to solve your little problem with my hospitality, you will not live to regret it."

The shorter warlord, who'd already felt the sting of Xena's tongue, decided now was the time to save face (a very good decision on his part). Nisus deliberately put the fork in his mouth, withdrew the empty utensil and chewed with all appearances of being unconcerned, uncaring and thoroughly disinterested in the fate or decision of the tall blonde man.

Heartbeats passed as Colchak dithered over what to do about his faux pas. Twice. Twice! She'd gutted him twice with his inability to remember that she was A *Warlord* for Zeus' sake. Not just A Warlord, but *the* Warrior Princess. He knew, right down to his marrow, that she meant what she said. If he got huffy and tried to bluff, he was dead. If he left the tent, he was dead. His only option was, despite the loss of face, was to hand over his weapons quietly (and it shouldn't have been a loss of face to hand over his weapons. The request of the guest's weapons was not an unreasonable thing for a Warlord to do. If he'd had used common sense. . .but NO, he'd been trying to bluster his way in, to establish a dominance he'd felt he'd lost and she'd popped his bubble neatly.)

He took a deep breath and began unbuckling.

When Colchak was finally stripped of his weapons (and Solari made sure she got all of them too), he strode to the table where his lieutenant stood waiting respectfully. He decided to break the silence as he sat down, not having noticed why Nisus' and Xena weren't engaged in conversation yet. "Where's your second, Nisus?"

The lean warlord's lieutenant was seated to his right and upon noticing that Xena had her plate filled proceeded to take the liberty. Xena gave him a warm compelling smile that reached her eyes. It caused the young man to color and to smile in return. Then, unintentionally, he made eye contact with the slave and had to still his heart. OH Gods! He'd heard her description, but hadn't realized. Gabrielle's eyes flashed in recognition, and for a breath he wasn't sure what to do, wondering how honorable he was going to have to be (and he couldn't remember being truly honorable in a long time, but this was a family matter.) Then her impassive gaze crinkled into a small smile of reassurance. It was gone in a matter of seconds, but his heart was set at rest. Gabrielle turned away from his gaze and planted a soft kiss on the Warlord's cheek. Ah, so that's how it was! Well, she was a grown girl, no matter what her ma and da thought. Besides, whatever caused the boat to float, was always his philosophy. He grinned back at his cousin and settled into his chair. With his first bite, he realized that Colchak had made a poor bet.

Xena caught the interaction and gave Gabrielle an inquisitive look. The bard leaned forward, her breast arching so they touched the warlord and she whispered, "I'll tell you later."

Xena's eyebrows lifted and her expression turned sardonic. She whispered back, "You better, or else. . ." She felt the small woman's warm shiver and narrowed her gaze seductively. Maybe this was something she could use later.

Nisus squinted at Colchak, annoyed at the interruption of his pleasurable (mostly) dining experience. The dark little warlord shrugged and took a gulp of wine, "He had a bit of disciplining to do. Some fools decided that today would be a good day to fight. They're being split up and restricted to quarters till I can decide what to do with them. It weren't so bad that they should be whipped, as they didn't quite manage to start it up, but it's still not something I want going around. I don't want Strife to have e'en a finger hold in the camp."

The dark haired woman unobtrusively snagged a grape while the warlords' attention was occupied. Her hand disappeared from common view, but took its now accustomed place. She held the grape between her finger and thumb and carefully slid the item between her thigh and Gabrielle. The bard blinked at the coolness she felt being rubbed against her. Yes!

Xena withdrew her hand and after sipping some wine, she gained the bard's focus by popping a tiny green fruit into her mouth. Hooded eyes told the red head how much the warlord liked what she tasted, as Xena entered into the conversation. Gabrielle quit feeling badly done to, but she went back to her impassive gaze.

"Wise." Xena interjected easily, knowledgeably, "Strife's messed up plenty a campaign with his interference." She picked up a meat roll and tucked it into her mouth. She waved for more wine.

"Too Damn true, Xena." The stocky warlord swirled his fork aggressively, but not at anyone. "You got any suggestions 'bout what to do about it?" He asked, seeking real advice and entering into the conversation fully.

Xena smiled tranquilly. The back of the Warrior Princess' hidden hand began caressing Gabrielle's inner thigh with a feather light touch. The slave lost her impassive expression for a moment, and struggled to regain it. The Warlord raised her cup to comely lips. "A few."

 


17 | 18 | 20


©September 1997

 


17 | 18 | 20


©September 1997