Warlord Daze

by Katrina


The following is a bit of alternative fiction based on certain characters from the Xenaverse. It is not meant to infringe on anyone else's rights. If you don't agree or disapprove, please go read something else.

Xex Alert: Oh Boy Is There. .This is a Prurient Piece with a Bit of Kink (If you hear the crack of the whip then you'll be in the neighborhood) Proceed at your own risk. :)

Remember, this is all meant in fun!


The warlords were well and truly soused by the time night had finished drawing its sparkling silks across the sky. Dinner was pretty much decimated and they had moved onto the snacks and the games. They were prying to trove they dren't werunk, by playing dangerous warlord games like, "don't poke the hand with the bloody knife," (a game of skill that has caused lost digits by persons who were sober) "toss the cookies," (Nisus thought trying to lift an Amazon might be a good idea. Fortunately, for him she was sober and not offended by posterior grabs. He, of course, ended up being the one tossed. . .much to his delight) and "I can be drunker than you," (the ever popular, challenge Xena to a drinking contest. Which *no* one ever won, but everyone, except Gabrielle, thought they had to try) among others.

What this meant, was that Gabrielle, who'd grown accustomed to her place on Xena's side had been displaced (with a kiss and promise that it wouldn't be long) so the feisty warrior could whomp on some warlord butt. The concept of long, however, is totally a point of view thing and the bard was a bit put out. The ire faded quickly, though, as she watched in fascination and was pulled into the games despite herself.

The contests, of course, were how Xena won the whole of the army. It was pure artistry. Somehow, using a verbal slight of hand as tight (perhaps even tighter than, okay really much tighter than, because she wasn't really trying to hide it) the one the blue eyed woman used to surreptitiously diddle, tease and seduce her lover, she managed to get Nisus to wager fifty men on the first contest, then Colchak entered the wager and placed an option and then next thing Gabrielle knew things were off and running.

The originating contest was the first knife game. The players? Xena and, Nisus' lieutenant, Doba. Blue eyes met dark brown eyes in a battle of wills about who would chicken out first. Palms lay flat on the table, fingers spread. Knives stabbed at lightening speed and after a couple of rounds, Doba opted out before Xena. There went one hundred men.

Then there was the knife toss. Colchak made the mistake of suggesting Xena's slave as the target holder with the traditional fruit above the head scenario. The beautiful warlord didn't even have to say a word. Nisus was barking up Colchak's chest faster than a mutt treeing a cat and meaning every sloshed derogatory word. The only reason it didn't end up in fisticuffs is that the lovely woman herself proposed a different option; one less harmful to the skin, but quite deadly to the center pole, some red apples, a plum and a couple of grapes, plus a few of her scrolls (so Xena could snap a knife onto smaller and smaller dots, until the knife holes were bigger than the dots). Oh well, Gabrielle didn't like those drafts anyway. They used some sewing needles and a couple of forks (apparently a fork was as deadly in Xena's hand as a knife) to hold the fruit in place. There went seventy five.

Xena won the cookie toss by picking up a stunned and totally unprepared Gabrielle in one swift move, tossing the bard high into the air (yes, Gabrielle squealed) and catching her bard without so much as a blink of an eye. She claimed, as her prize (besides the wager), one phenomenally spicy kiss, that almost had her taking Gabrielle on the table. And that was a near thing, for by the time the kiss was done, Gabrielle *was* on the roughly cleared table and the warlord had hiked up the red head's Amazon skirt (but not so anything showed except a bit of thigh) and was standing (well more like leaning seductively over the bard) between her legs. Xena whispered a torrid promise that she would have the red head there later, emphasizing it with meaningful swirl and buck of the hips combined with a neck nuzzle of truly distracting proportions. The feel of Xena's leather covered hips grinding against her sex caused the bard's eyes to roll back in her head. Xena grinned wickedly at the woman, before helping her off of the table, smoothing down the young Amazon's skirt and letting the "public" see her again. The front of her leathers were a little wet, but either no one noticed or else everyone refused to comment.

Colchak's lieutenant thought he might give a try at this "cookie" toss thing, right until he saw Nisus sailing through the air and being caught by Esther. He decided maybe he would wait on that one. Nisus tried to make a date, but Esther prevaricated shyly. She wasn't entirely opposed, but she had a thing for Vivian.

Colchak never even entered the contest, since he was less interested in a cookie toss than in tossing his cookies at that particular moment. Fortunately he was able to resist the impulse, and Vivian started heavily watering the wine, except for the stuff used in the "out drink Xena" contest which followed almost immediately after. There went twenty five.

It was almost unfair since the warlords and their compatriots were already so saturated. Because where Xena had sipped, they had gulped. But that was their own doing. Everyone present, including their lieutenants decided it was fair anyway, though the bard had tried to do the honorable thing and warn them (much to Xena's consternation. There was a definite spanking for *that one* coming. The warlord was really looking forward to some quality time *after* dinner). So, in the way things usually went in the contest, a champion was chosen. Gabrielle's cousin, Aedal, swaggered up to the table and the cups were filled with the Amazon Special, which Eponin had smuggled in with the intent of saving for a rainy day. (So it was a rainy night, and she wasn't getting any. It was for a good cause, or at least the Queen said it was. Who was she to argue?)

The Amazon Special was a concoction so potent that it felled a bull once. Someone, Eponin refused to say who lest she incriminate herself, put a bit (really, it wasn't that much, what's a wine skin to a full, okay partially full, trough?) in its water on one of the more. . .festive. . .occasions. It was seen lying in the field, legs folded under, bulky body taking up space as it blinked at its surroundings. (Ooh, the stable mistress had been pissed.) Gabrielle offered to have the liquor watered and was practically shouted down, well, almost shouted down. Xena glared meaningfully at the other protesters before their voices rose too high, shutting them up. Then she'd quietly ordered the slave to fill the cups to the brim and damn the water.

Gabrielle's response had been to pour the red liquid into the cups and whisper warningly into Xena's ear, "If you wake up cranky, I'll be sleeping with the Amazons tomorrow night." The warlord gave her a startled look and realized from the firm set of the slave's jaw, that she meant it. Xena made a mental note not to get a hangover, then she made another mental note not to let Gabrielle know she'd gotten a hangover (just in case.)

The wager was ten men per cup. Aedal fell down at five, literally. Gabrielle and Esther helped her cousin stand and make his way to a seat. He wobbled a bit, so they set the chair real close to the table. He whispered, "You're the gest babrielle," and his head thunked solidly to rest on the wooden surface. There went fifty more.

Xena, meanwhile, was still standing. Standing and smirking. She raised the sixth cup and drained it. Set the cup solidly down on the table and walked smugly, casually to her chair. Okay, so that was ten.

There was some talk about more weaponry demonstrations as the next competition, but Gabrielle squashed that idea firmly. She wasn't worried about Xena, at least not the way she was worried about the other two warlords who looked like they were doing good to be standing. By now, Doba, who was probably the least drunk next to Gabrielle and the Amazons, had decided that she needed a little air. She didn't come back inside the tent, but lingered outside with a small blonde Amazon, who'd come to switch guard with Eponin, for a good while and agreed to meet with Lia sometime in the near future, though they didn't settle on a day. Doba figured she would be working for Xena in the morning and didn't want to schedule too far ahead.

The bard decided everyone was juiced enough, that maybe a game of skill or chance that allowed people to sit down and didn't involve sharp objects would be safer. She proposed a card game and, being somewhat sober, had every intent to cheat. There was only one problem with that. Gabrielle didn't get to play; not cards at least.

The warlords were all for it. Xena thought it was an especially good idea and took the opportunity to drag the bard back into her arms and onto her other thigh, this time with the bard's back facing towards her. She kissed Gabrielle's neck, sending shivers down a bardly spine and said, "Wonderful!" Then the warlord summoned Esther and asked her to retrieve a deck of cards. The lovely warrior figured Gabrielle had provided everything else in the tent, so there had to be a set of cards somewhere.

Sure enough, and a lovely deck too.

The stakes, again, were the members of the warlord's army. Colchak was confident that he could win back his losses. Nisus didn't care one way or another, at this point. Though he had decided to give it an honest shot. A few minutes later, there were three warlords staring intently at their cards. Nisus was plucking at his lower lip contemplatively. Colchak's blonde eyebrows were knit together so tight Gabrielle thought bones of his head would pop out in protest. Xena was as relaxed as ever, smirking slightly. She showed Gabrielle the poorest hand of cards the bard had ever seen. The warlord's hand moved softly, distractingly against the bard's abdomen, and she pushed the bard back, so she was leaning against her shoulder and so the other two warlords could see what she was doing.

Xena lost the first hand, then the next, and the next and still she remained calm, serene. Her hand moving slowly, delicately along the lines of Gabrielle's rib cage and up. She used feather light touches that caused Gabrielle to close her eyes, until she was tracing the outline of the Amazon Queen's chest piece. She lost again, and then one more time. Colchak thought he was being so shrewd. Nisus thought he was being quite lucky. Aedal moved his head to the side and began slobbering and snoring a little.

She poked a finger under the slave's leather garment and began moving it along the edges, a gentle caress. Then she pulled the finger out and let it stroke just under the edge of the piece, finally dragging up the middle a little, losing contact with Gabrielle's skin, which caused the bard to mumble a sleepy protest. Xena smiled that diabolical smile she sometimes gets when she has a truly good idea. She looped her finger though one of the ties that bound the garment together, then her low velvet voice placed a bet.

Gabrielle's eyelids flicked up, not sure if she'd heard correctly, but also quite sure she had. Colchak stammered out the question that was screaming through the slave's brain. "What?"

Xena repeated her wager, "I'll wager ten men. If I lose, you get ten men. You wager ten men. If you lose, I get ten men, but, to make you feel better, I'll loosen this." She tugged on the tie that held together the leather that covered the bard.

Nisus licked his lips, "How much?"

Xena gave a sultry laugh, "I thought I was quite clear."

Nisus shook his head, "How much will you loosen?"

"Oh," Now her laugh was truly wicked, "You want a sample?" Xena pulled the strand until it was almost completely undone. She narrowed her gaze at Nisus, "How does that suit you?"

Nisus cleared his throat and looked at his cards. He had a good hand. He tried to act like he didn't care. "Uhm, ahem. That's fine. Just fine."

Gabrielle was now staring at Xena and trying to sit up. She was held down by a very firm arm. She heard someone moving in her direction. Vivian. The Amazon looked very concerned, like she was going to try and interfere. The Queen realized that if she didn't do something, someone might get hurt and it wouldn't be Xena. She shook her head warningly, reassuringly. Vivian settled back, but her eyes sent messages of, "If you need me. . ." Gabrielle accepted silently. She leaned back and closed her eyes and tried to remember that this was no different than what Xena had been doing during the whole dinner. Well almost no difference. She felt a little shiver run through her. The red head took a long, slow breath and tried to relax.

Xena kept in mind one thing. Gabrielle had promised. She was reassured when the small woman relaxed against her.

Surprisingly, both Colchak and Nisus had to fold, losing their hand. Gabrielle felt a tug at the other leather strap. She also felt a gentle circular motion of one athletic thigh. Oh, Gods. The next set, Nisus triumphantly presented a hand that was worse than Xena's beginning set. Colchak folded. More tugging. More thigh movements that started her juices flowing again. She felt the leather part so that she was covered only loosely. The next set Colchak swore and presented a winning hand. It was just too good, he had to show it off. Nisus lost fair and square. Xena turned her body and lifted the bottom of the top so only Nisus could see the gentle swell of Gabrielle's breasts. His nostrils flared and he vowed to himself that he would lose again.

This time Nisus got an incredible hand, a once in a lifetime kind of hand. He folded. So did the blonde warlord. The loosening of the strips caused the garment to almost fall off. Xena placed one hand lazily underneath the cloth, covering Gabrielle's right breast with her hand so that the nipple was covered. When she "won" the next round she flipped the leather off with her left hand. When she won the round after that, she dragged her hand down, until it just barely covered the nipple with her fingertips. When she won the round after that, the warlords were rewarded with the lovely sight of a pink crinkled aureole and a tight round bud of a nipple. Xena was rewarded with a genuine sultry eyed moan of pleasure from her bard. The hormones that flowed in that room at that moment could be felt for miles.

By the time Xena won back her army and then some, Gabrielle's bosom was fully revealed and terribly achy, since, once they were revealed, the beautiful warlord insisted on playing with the nipples by teasing them with her fingers. The other warlords were ready to move on to other pastures, namely the outskirts of the camp. Xena made sure they were escorted safely by the Amazons, with orders to the effect of making sure the women (or whoever) got paid, but not from her pockets. The Amazons could handle that. Esther carried Aedal home, over the shoulder, with the Queen's admonition of making sure that there was some water and a bowl by the bed for when he woke up.

Colchak left like a bleary eyed lamb, who couldn't get his swords on right. Nisus stopped just before he was gonna leave, turned and stared at Xena for a few heartbeats. "I wanna be *YOU* when I grow up," he blurted. Then he staggered out under Vivian's gentle guidance.

There was silence in the empty tent after that. The candle light flickered, the rain had stopped and there was only the sound of their breath mingling in the air. Gabrielle turned her body so she could look into warm blue eyes. Eyelids lowered and a glance was made at two lovely mounds of flesh. Xena's gaze returned to Gabrielle's, "So, what's for dessert?"

The red head smirked and shook her head in wonder, "Xena?"

"mmhmm." A fingertip began to trace the outline of the bard's nipple.

"You are incorrigible."

There was a heartbeat of silence, then the a stifled murfle of laughter. Then, in moments, a large guffaw that threatened to shake the tent. Xena's voice cracked as she tried to speak while chortling, "Yes, I am. Aren't I?" Her eyes teared, she was laughing so hard. Gabrielle stared at her lover, then murfled, then chortled, then guffawed and soon the whole tent was indeed shaking, as two souls joined in delirious mirth.


19 | 20 | 22


©September 1997

s two souls joined in delirious mirth.


19 | 20 | 22


©September 1997